Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - Scottish Cup quarter-final, 04/03/2018

Elixir

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would have preferred a home tie, but Motherwell away isn't bad.
Should be easy enough to get a ticket and if we fire on all cylinders
I would expect to win it!

There’s going to be a Rush for tickets

Motherwell will have to mark their opponents more tightly than saints did. They need to stick closer to the hearts

just one little victory would make a big difference to our season

Losing it would be really annoying but hopefully the team spirit is strong enough and there isn’t a witch hunt looking for someone to blame

I think our hard working man united loaner left back might be vital, signs of improvement are constantly appearing this season. The league meeting was tight and lessons will have been learnt by both sides

Really pleased with the draw - just the sort of game I love and I'd genuinely have taken this over a game vs Falkirk or Morton. I think I'm right in saying that the last 2 QF games at Fir Park were Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and both of those were brilliant from our point of view when we were anything but favourites. The old place is still a great atmosphere with 8 or 9 thousand in and I'd hope we'd manage that with sensible pricing.

I'm not a stats man - but I think over the last decade or so, our record against Hearts at FP has been damn good - so nothing to fear here (which is a different thing than saying that I think we'll necessarily win it).

Firstly, quite excited by this draw. Should be a cracking game in front of a big crowd. 3pm on a Saturday please.

Secondly, nice to see a thread with a proper name and not some smart arse title.

Thirdly, if any of the Old Firm fans genuinely believe that we genuinely believe that there is a conspiracy then I genuinely believe they are more stupid/ignorant than I genuinely believed.

Only thing pissing me off is that it looks like Celtic again in the final after we beat Rangers in the semi. Ah well.

I'm not a stats man - but I think over the last decade or so, our record against Hearts at FP has been damn good - so nothing to fear here (which is a different thing than saying that I think we'll necessarily win it).

All the stats you might want...

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/motherwell.html

All the makings of a cracker of a cup tie.  We know that the Celtic & Rangers games will take up the Saturday TV slot and one of the Sunday ones, so that leaves one game to show between ourselves and Aberdeen v Killie on a Sunday afternoon.  I hope they choose Pittodrie.

A Saturday 3pm kick off with sensible pricing (£15/£5 max please) and I have no doubt Hearts will sell out the South Stand (4800).  I would like to think a game of this magnitude would bring out a sizeable 'Well support too.  There's very much the potential to get 10k through the gate for this.  Fir Park is old and looking tired now, but there's still something special about it when there's a big crowd and a cup tie to be played.

Following the "early bird" ticket arrangement for the Dundee game, I wonder if they'll do likewise for this one to both sets of ST holders and WS/FOH members?

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s going to be a Rush for tickets

Motherwell will have to mark their opponents more tightly than saints did. They need to stick closer to the hearts

just one little victory would make a big difference to our season

Losing it would be really annoying but hopefully the team spirit is strong enough and there isn’t a witch hunt looking for someone to blame

I think our hard working man united loaner left back might be vital, signs of improvement are constantly appearing this season. The league meeting was tight and lessons will have been learnt by both sides

Good usage of Rush songs! On first look I see 9 of them....

Archived