Killie vs. Dees 13/2/18

That was fucking glorious. Sometimes, when we score, I celebrate the goal. Sometimes, I celebrate and then goad the opposition fans or pull them the fingers. Tonight, I celebrated, goaded Nick Walsh, and pulled him the fingers. What a clueless fucking f**k.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

451ed39a-2d63-464e-a207-1617539a84b8.jpg

What a buzz! What a time to be a Killie!

Started well and got off to a flier with Brophy's goal. Assume the boy Parish in nets is new as I've never heard of him but he looked gash. Should have done better with probably all three, albeit I think Boyd's was some finish. It's hard to see how he's been beat from where Brophy's hit it.

After that we gradually fell more and more out of the match, sitting back off Dundee too much and not squeezing them enough. An equaliser was probably deserved, but for it to come in that manner was sickening. BBC updates saying the highlights will be up later tonight - I'll be keen to see those to see the penalty decision again. To me it looked like Macdonald saved, the ball's hit the ground, bounced up and touched Dicker on the arm. From my view of it, there's no way it could have been either deliberate or arm in an unnatural position. Maybe I'll have to eat my words later.

The first 15 minutes of the second half just went from bad to worse. The injury to Brophy was a blow, they get their second with a good header from Caulker - although the ref missed a hand ball in the lead up that by his own standards, he should have given - and Dicker then sees the red mist and gets sent off. Definite yellow the second one, but when you consider his first booking was for that soft penalty (dissent after the decision I think?) it seems harsh.

What changed the game for me was the introduction of Erwin - which is funny when you consider it was enforced rather than tactical genius from the Messiah, Steve Clarke. The big man, who I am by no means a fan of, has come on and held up everything, showing sublime first touch, bringing folk into the game, playing some lovely passes. He's set up Boyd beautifully for the equaliser - cracking finish from the legend that is Boomer - and I'm pretty sure won the ball back for the third? Must be first time I remember a sub coming on and winning Man Of The Match. Fantastic from Lee.

As for Iain Wilson, don't think I've ever seen him run at defenders and dribble before, but for him to score his first goal by going a mazy from the half way line, unreal. It looked like he got a nosebleed the further he got and I thought he was going to get the ball stuck at his feet, then he just calmly produces a lovely curling finish on his weak foot.

Absolute scenes when that went in. Jamie Macdonald going tonto too! Shoutout to the goalie for a great save late on.

I fucking love Steve Clarke.

Fully agree.

Dundee more than deserved to be level at HT and were the better team until we went down to 10.....and still up against 12.

This was perhaps the worst refereeing performance I have witnessed for many years, every  decision went against us.

Losing Dicker clearly galvanised the players and they moved up the gears.

Until then Dundee looked decent.

Brilliant last  half hour from Killie, great entertainment.

5 minutes ago, 02.05.16 said:

Your point being? I'm pretty sure that the majority of teams in the league would kill for the form that Killie have had in recent weeks.

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=9880131

I thought the point was pretty much self explanatory.

Haters, by the very fact of them being haters, are gonna hate

Spoiler

hate hate hate hate

Just now, killiefan27 said:

I thought the point was pretty much self explanatory.

Haters, by the very fact of them being haters, are gonna hate

Reveal hidden contents

hate hate hate hate

Surely my last post conveys envy rather than "hate"?

1 minute ago, killiefan27 said:

Don't think you read which post I quoted m9.

It was the one about having pants in a bunch, which if it does convey envy then fair play to ya, it takes all sorts.

tumblr_nycqqkqfqs1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

At the time it was gloating, still don't understand the "hate"?

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

The faither-in-law was listening to it on the radio. He tells me that Rae and Preston were banging on about how Clarke is the main man now for the Scotland job.

He's had a few months at Killie and suddenly he's going to get us to the next Euros. You couldnae make it up.  Desperados.

Sir Steve disnae want the Scotland job. He’s already told them that but they can’t take it in. 

Just in from match via pub. Wow fucking wow this is the best I’ve seen Killie play and fight in years. Long may Sir Steve Clarke reign over us. I actually think he’s enjoying his little pet project here at Rugby Park. Why the f**k would he want to be lumbered with a dead end job like Scotland.
Hail the Juggernaut and long may it roll.

Archived