Jags v Dundee 17/02/18

14 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Dundee look just as inconsistent as us this season so f**k knows how this will go. Have this horrible feeling Dundee are due a decent game and a win though. 

Our results have been pretty consistently good at home this season in terms of games we're expected to win.

Also we've started to score a few goals and Captain Osman loves a game against the Dees. 

Caulker may be a threat at set pieces but if we can defend these I think we'll find a goal or two we'll win quite comfortably. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KlokTheKock said:

Those saying Moussa shouldn't start on Saturday clearly weren't at Rugby park during the week. He was one of the players with pass marks for me. Won the majority in the air and linked up well with Murray.   

Yes Moussa might win the majority of the balls in the air but he is first and foremost a striker.  He has proved repeatedly this season that he is a striker that can’t score.  If he plays we are effectively playing with one striker (Murray) and I’m not convinced our style of play suits his game.

Playing a striker like Moussa might work if we had a midfield full of attack minded players that can shoot when they ball is set up for them.  Unfortunately we have a midfield that can’t score as well.  

We do have a defender that can score (Waddell) but it appears McCann is reluctant to play him to make way for O’Dea (who can’t score).  Apart from Caulker at set pieces where are our goals going to come from?

52 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Our results have been pretty consistently good at home this season in terms of games we're expected to win.

Also we've started to score a few goals and Captain Osman loves a game against the Dees. 

Caulker may be a threat at set pieces but if we can defend these I think we'll find a goal or two we'll win quite comfortably. 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

We expected to win games? 

I very much hope you're right.  Would be amazing to take 6 points from the next couple of games, then enjoy a wee away day against Dingwall FC. 

14 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Clearly this game must be classed as a "6 pointer" due to both clubs league position therefore Dundee to take the 3 points home.

We'll take the other three then. Thank you.

1 hour ago, SpiderDee said:

We're due someone a hiding so I'm confident there will be goals galore on Saturday  !!

2-6 or 3-6 to Dundee

Sofien Moussa to grow a 'tache and embody the spirit of Eddie Gallagher and score 6 penalties

Prefer a repeat of this - be nice to see Caulker recreate no 5 for Thistle :)

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Moussa is an absolute haddie so no doubt he'll shin one in from twenty yards.

McCann has advised Moussa to imagine every shot at goal is a penalty, he will now become a goal scoring machine.

4 hours ago, KlokTheKock said:

Those saying Moussa shouldn't start on Saturday clearly weren't at Rugby park during the week. He was one of the players with pass marks for me. Won the majority in the air and linked up well with Murray.   

We are a far better team with moussa in it. His hold up and link up play is far better than Haber's. Seems to have got a no bad partnership started with Murray. See how Saturday goes but Ive got a feeling we will all be calling for NM to get sacked. Hope to f**k I'm wrong tho

54 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

McCann has advised Moussa to imagine every shot at goal is a penalty, he will now become a goal scoring machine.

...and be constantly offside as a result. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sick in the Basin said:

Prefer a repeat of this - be nice to see Caulker recreate no 5 for Thistle :)

This features possibly the most astonishing "How can the Ref not think that is a foul" non-decision I have ever seen.  Gerry Britton came down from a great height and almost spiked his head on the turf...bonus point for anyone who can name  the  Dundee player who made the challenge /assault...he had a prestigious career prior to  arriving a Dens Park. It's not shown on this clip but Jim Duffy was about to pick the ball up in his own penalty area  and throw  it back for the free kick and booking/red card when he realised that the Ref  was waving play on....Jim then hoofed the ball up the park for Dundee's equaliser.  It just made the Thistle players and fans angry and contributed to the subsequent thumping.

This features possibly the most astonishing "How can the Ref not think that is a foul" non-decision I have ever seen.  Gerry Britton came down from a great height and almost spiked his head on the turf...bonus point for anyone who can name  the  Dundee player who made the challenge /assault...he had a prestigious career prior to  arriving a Dens Park. It's not shown on this clip but Jim Duffy was about to pick the ball up in his own penalty area  and throw  it back for the free kick and booking/red card when he realised that the Ref  was waving play on....Jim then hoofed the ball up the park for Dundee's equaliser.  It just made the Thistle players and fans angry and contributed to the subsequent thumping.

Could be Arthur Albiston??

We are a far better team with moussa in it. His hold up and link up play is far better than Haber's. Seems to have got a no bad partnership started with Murray. See how Saturday goes but Ive got a feeling we will all be calling for NM to get sacked. Hope to f**k I'm wrong tho

I can't agree with that. Haber has never had a real run in the team to get up to speed this season for a variety of reasons but it was his hold up play and absolute dominance in the air that kept us up last season.

I've no problem with Haber not giving a f**k due to his treatment from McCann this season, but if he wants to save his Dundee career he absolutely needs a chance and he needs to take it because he has been garbage this season. A one off 90 minutes then back to Moussa for 4 or 5 games doesn't constitute as a chance for me though. Haber can keep us up again this season just like he played a massive part in doing so last season, but something needs to change.

The fact that people are picking Moussa to start Dundee games because, 'he tries' shows the f**k ups we've made in bringing a striker in this season.

Archived