Jags v Dundee 17/02/18

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Because we've been the better team both times we've played this season.

EDIT: But like I said, Dundee are so unpredictable that we could quite easily come out and you walk all over us just as easy as we could to you lot. Can't see a draw, will be a 1 goal victory, and your guess is as good as mine as to who will win it.

You are aware that on both occasions our team had been decimated by injuries and to me at least, your team is now weaker than it was.      Our team is probably stronger in almost all positions than in our previous encounters, we are locked together near the bottom of the league, our current form is better than yours and yet this is a game 'you should win'.......

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't blame Dundee fans for thinking they're a better team than us. This season, they've been the much better team in both games.
However, they did play us twice when we were at our worst; when we had lots of injuries and people playing out of position (poorly).
We're a better team now than we were when we got pumped at Dens, and have taken 10/12 points against the bottom half sides since then. In addition, I think it's fair to say Dundee are worse now than they were in those meetings (assumption based on the loss of players - I haven't actually seen any Dees games in this time).

I suspect he was being sarcastic......

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I suspect he was being sarcastic......

I don't think either of the posters who have said Dundee should/will win were being sarcastic, tbh.

Either way, this is one of these games I have no idea how to call. If I had to choose a game out of the next 3 to drop points in (Dundee, Accies, County), it would be this one, as Dundee are realistically the least likely to be scrapping it down at the bottom than either of the others. So beating both of them and a draw here would be fine.

I don't think either of the posters who have said Dundee should/will win were being sarcastic, tbh.
Either way, this is one of these games I have no idea how to call. If I had to choose a game out of the next 3 to drop points in (Dundee, Accies, County), it would be this one, as Dundee are realistically the least likely to be scrapping it down at the bottom than either of the others. So beating both of them and a draw here would be fine.

I wasn't being sarcastic, but at the same time I wasn't meaning it in an arrogant sort of "we're too good not to beat you" type of way.

I'm not so sure we've weakened since our last 2 meetings tbh. I don't think Allan played in either of the games (he came on when we were 3-0 up at Dens) so the loss of him doesn't make a difference. So the only real player missing is Jack Hendry, and if fit, Caulker should be a better replacement than Jack. We've also arguably strengthened up front by bringing in Murray, so if anything we should also be stronger.

Our last 2 results have been extremely poor but with both first choice centre halves out injured, it's not too much of a surprised. Meekings will be back for this one and Deacon is bound to be up to full match fitness so we will be back to full strength barring any injured on Tuesday night.

If we want to be staying way clear of relegation, we have to be winning these games with a full strength squad. That's where I was coming from when I said we should win.

Squeaky bum time starts properly now- this already has the feel of a post-split game to it.

If you dunt Killie above Well into the top 6 (not unreasonable given their 2 games in hand), our split of 24 points so far this season is 21 from 12 games vs the bottom 6 and 3 from 14 vs the top 6. Need to keep up the record vs the teams around us in the next 3 games to be in a decent position going into the split given the 4 after them...

Dumbuya will play as McGinn suspended, and Osman will come back in. Hopefully Keown back as well as much as he's been poor this season, he's still an improvement on Devine. Doolan and Sammon in a 3-5-2?

Archived