Jags v Dundee 17/02/18

Massive game for both sides. The śtart of a run of three games against the bottom 4 teams for us and games that I think we need to take at least 6 points from. One win each  in the head to head  this season but Dundee have played us off the park in both games. Big difference this time is that we have some vitally important players back, whereas Dundee look weaker with Hendry and Allan moving on. Caulker, on paper, looks a cracking signing but he cannot be match fit and you have to wonder how no English club tried to sign him.  Also has he ever had a huge fish bullying him around? Think this will be a tight one which hopefully we will edge by one goal. 2-1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games between the teams in and around each other are absolutely massive. Not too many Dundee fans will be confident of victory but our team has pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised us in equal measure. Hopefully the big Cauk will be in the team and inspiring those around him. Result? Who knows but I’ll go for 1 nil the DBs.

I reckon we will win this, because we are once again about 1 game away from the fans beginning to question McCann and every time this season we've been at that point, the team has delivered.

Why should you win?

Because we've been the better team both times we've played this season.

EDIT: But like I said, Dundee are so unpredictable that we could quite easily come out and you walk all over us just as easy as we could to you lot. Can't see a draw, will be a 1 goal victory, and your guess is as good as mine as to who will win it.

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Massive game for both sides. The śtart of a run of three games against the bottom 4 teams for us and games that I think we need to take at least 6 points from. One win each  in the head to head  this season but Dundee have played us off the park in both games. Big difference this time is that we have some vitally important players back, whereas Dundee look weaker with Hendry and Allan moving on. Caulker, on paper, looks a cracking signing but he cannot be match fit and you have to wonder how no English club tried to sign him.  Also has he ever had a huge fish bullying him around? Think this will be a tight one which hopefully we will edge by one goal. 2-1

Which one of your players do you think will score an own goal?

28 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Why should you win?

Because they moan like whingers about having strikers who can't score goals, but still think their a big club and feel they have an entitlement to beat teams like Thistle, county & accies, the most delusional set of supporters known to mankind. 

Just had one of the non deluded ones SP suggesting in response to a prior post, the only way he can see Dundee scoring is with an own goal, that's how poor they are up front.Accies have a history of goal shy strikers but Dundees 2 from 3 this season makes our past misfiring strikers look like Harry Kane.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Which one of your players do you think will score an own goal?

Unless I am mistaken you have shoved 4 past us already this season and it could have been more if you had taken your chances at Firhill

9 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Because they moan like whingers about having strikers who can't score goals, but still think their a big club and feel they have an entitlement to beat teams like Thistle, county & accies, the most delusional set of supporters known to mankind. 

Just had one of the non deluded ones SP suggesting in response to a prior post, the only way he can see Dundee scoring is with an own goal, that's how poor they are up front.Accies have a history of goal shy strikers but Dundees 2 from 3 this season makes our past misfiring strikers look like Harry Kane.

f**k off, ***.

14 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Unless I am mistaken you have shoved 4 past us already this season and it could have been more if you had taken your chances at Firhill

That is the Dundee fans million dollar question they in their 3 games against us this season have scored 3 goals against us 1 being a penalty at dens, they actually create a massive amount of opportunities in relative terms, they just don't have the strikers to apply the finishing touches.

From what I can prise from McCanns way of thinking, he considers Moussa to be his main striker, the guy has failed to score a goal from open play in the league campaign. If Dundee had a semi-prolific striker they would already have accrued enough points to gaurentee safety, but like most clubs in the bottom half of the table, they have struggled to secure the services of a clinical finisher and that's why they are still in a precarious position.

I don't blame Dundee fans for thinking they're a better team than us. This season, they've been the much better team in both games.

However, they did play us twice when we were at our worst; when we had lots of injuries and people playing out of position (poorly).

We're a better team now than we were when we got pumped at Dens, and have taken 10/12 points against the bottom half sides since then. In addition, I think it's fair to say Dundee are worse now than they were in those meetings (assumption based on the loss of players - I haven't actually seen any Dees games in this time).

Archived