Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

8 points or 6 points makes no difference. Yes they can win the league by their own efforts if we lose more than them. We too can win the league by our own efforts if they lose more than us. sorry pal but i think we shall have to agree to disagree on this. The title is neither won or lost yet and i suggest it will almost certainly go down to the wire.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Apart from the fact that it does. Bizarre thing to say.

The point i was making is we are 6 points clear and whether its 6 or 8 doesnt alter the fact we are in the lead and its up to your lot to catch us and our lot to maintain that lead. So whats bizarre in that. its fact not fiction or speculation.

The point i was making is we are 6 points clear and whether its 6 or 8 doesnt alter the fact we are in the lead and its up to your lot to catch us and our lot to maintain that lead. So whats bizarre in that. its fact not fiction or speculation.

If you were still 8 points in front then even if we win our game in hand and beat you lot you’d still be 2 points clear.

Now if we win our game in hand and beat you we’ll go top of the table.

Big difference being 6 points or 8 points in front.

If you were still 8 points in front then even if we win our game in hand and beat you lot you’d still be 2 points clear.

Now if we win our game in hand and beat you we’ll go top of the table.

Big difference being 6 points or 8 points in front.
You're wasting your time. He'll never get it.

I wish I could follow the logic though because it would've made the drive back from Coatbridge yesterday a lot better.

Correct on goal difference, but you have speculated on a possible scenario, thats not fact its speculation and will only be answered at a later date.

And rsb, its not logic. Too many assumptions that just cannot add up at this stage.

Correct on goal difference, but you have speculated on a possible scenario, thats not fact its speculation and will only be answered at a later date.

Even so, you’d be an idiot to say that there’s no difference to being 6 or 8 points in front.

I don’t understand what the problem is here.  Big Berk was simply making the point that if Ayr win all their remaining games and Raith do likewise (except against Ayr, of course) then the teams finish level on points and Ayr will win the league by virtue of their superior goal difference. Quite straightforward really.

Also not quite correct unfortunately, as Raith might by then have the superior goal difference if they win their games more comfortably than Ayr. They’ll have to catch up and overtake a goal difference deficit of at least 6 to do so. Quite possible but hopefully unlikely. 

All a bit hypothetical as it’s very unlikely Ayr will win all their remaining games. Likewise for Raith. 

I don’t understand what the problem is here.  Big Berk was simply making the point that if Ayr win all their remaining games and Raith do likewise (except against Ayr, of course) then the teams finish level on points and Ayr will win the league by virtue of their superior goal difference. Quite straightforward really.
Also not quite correct unfortunately, as Raith might by then have the superior goal difference if they win their games more comfortably than Ayr. They’ll have to catch up and overtake a goal difference deficit of at least 6 to do so. Quite possible but hopefully unlikely. 
All a bit hypothetical as it’s very unlikely Ayr will win all their remaining games. Likewise for Raith. 
You're right. It's a certainty both sides will encounter further bumps in the road between now and the end of the season, but I am also certain we won't overhaul the goal difference deficit unless Ayr have a couple of heavy defeats. We're only winning matches by 1 or 2 goal margins and we don't look like we'll be handing out any hidings anytime soon.

I've always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but recently it's his complete lack of effort that gets to me. Telling someone to "f*ck off" after shanking a cross out for the 5th time in a match is pathetic. I do think there's ability there but his attitude is up there with the worst I've seen in a Rovers shirt. What's more worrying though is that Smith gave him another 90 minutes so clearly sees something that the majority of fans don't.
Paul Martin was his manager when he was with us. he kicked him out the club after finally getting sick of his nonsense. after the incident paul martin openly said it wasn't a football manager Barr needed it was a social worker.

He was really flustered yesterday arguing constantly. all this after being really bad to a ball boy the last time he visited

Archived