Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

11 minutes ago, Shawheadrover said:

Sorry you are wrong there. If you ask your goal-keeper he will tell you. Sorry, but you are just incorrect with that one. Anyway, it all 'balances out' as they say.

Hardly a pivotal decision. The opposite end of the pitch from where we scored (obviously)

Albion had ample chance to organise before the goal. The absolute state some of their fans got into was quite funny.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hardly a pivotal decision. The opposite end of the pitch from where we scored (obviously)

Albion had ample chance to organise before the goal. The absolute state some of their fans got into was quite funny.

Not a pivotal decision indeed; but it was wrong. Very wrong. Anyway, like I said, it 'balaced out'!!

Someone at the club is needing to have a word with Bobby Barr. He’s on twitter replying to fans and arguing with folk. Horrific PR.
Yeah, liking a post calling Raith fans bitter and poisonous isn't the smartest thing he's done.

He also said he was getting abuse during the warm up. He rattled a shot 20 yards over the bar and got a big 'whhhheeeeeyyy' from a couple of guys just along from me but would hardly call that abuse unless there was something else that happened.

I like Bobby. When he plays well he’s a pivotal player for us, his assists especially in the early part of the season were key to our success. However, he’s in a bit of a bad run of form and I’m not sure taking to open media sources to call the fans arseholes is the best course of action. I’d like to think that the players at the club are professional enough to let it slide. Of course they all read this forum and twitter, who wouldn’t? Needs to be an element of water off a ducks back as a football player. As I said, I’d like to think that someone at the club will have a quiet word in his ear.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I wasn't blaming the ref for the result, I was pointing out that he was a poor referee.

This. The Ref was equally poor for both sides. Overall the standard in Scotland, of referees is poor. Not just for today, Raith or Albion, but every week there are similar comments.

Think if barr is going to respond to the fans, there is a way of doing it without swearing and then getting into a twitter spat. Surely someone now at thr club has to have a word because that is about the 3rd or 4th time its happened this season.

I'm with Hank on this one.

Capable of being such a key player and if there are pish shouts he needs to try and ignore them and remember a lot of fans are behind him and the team.

I don't think he's playing that well just now though. Had a great impact when he came on at HT v Ayr but the games he's started he hasn't really produced recently.

Barr has a lot of previous for telling fans to shut it, sometimes it's been justified.  When your contributions have not been up to scratch for months, it's never going to end well for you. 

He needs to learn to let it go. 

Barr's comments to the Albion fans at the end was along the lines of

f**k yous league 2 football next season get it up yous

thus is after he shouted horrible abuse at a ballboy last time he was at clifftonhill

nice to see he hasnt changed in the 8 years since we ripped up his contract

Bobby Barr's been pish for months. One good half v Ayr is a dreadful return for someone with his supposed talent. Arguing with fans (even though the Rovers support are a precious bunch) is fckn madness on his part.

I totally agree with earlier chat about playing players - particularly Vaughan - in their best position. We should be building the team round someone who is arguably the best player in the league. But instead we're shoehorning him into roles that stifle him just to let underperformers like Barr and Buchanan start games. Get him playing off Furtado - and quick before it's too late.

My issue with Vaughan in midfield is not what we'd gain by putting him up front, it's what we lose by not having a proper midfielder in there. 

Any two of Buchanan/Vaughan/Zanatta/Spence/Furtado will score goals in this league, but only if there's a proper midfield platform to build from. That's what we lack. The Herron/Vaughan midfield pairing is also very susceptible to being run through, as we saw in the first half today. 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

My issue with Vaughan in midfield is not what we'd gain by putting him up front, it's what we lose by not having a proper midfielder in there. 

Any two of Buchanan/Vaughan/Zanatta/Spence/Furtado will score goals in this league, but only if there's a proper midfield platform to build from. That's what we lack. The Herron/Vaughan midfield pairing is also very susceptible to being run through, as we saw in the first half today. 

Spot on. 

Exactly the same issue as Robertson playing centre half earlier in the season. 

There was a huge gap in front of our defence in the first half today, due to having no sitting midfielder. 

What an absolutely horrendous playing surface. Wasn't at the game but reading the posts here it sounds like we were once again set up wrong. I don't understand our insistence on playing long ball when we are technically better than most of not all teams in this division and with Spence and/or Buchanan up top who are definitely not target men.

What an absolutely horrendous playing surface. Wasn't at the game but reading the posts here it sounds like we were once again set up wrong. I don't understand our insistence on playing long ball when we are technically better than most of not all teams in this division and with Spence and/or Buchanan up top who are definitely not target men.
Basically this. Fans going mental at Buchanan not doing anything and being poor when having to deal with long balls yet again for 70 mins against a 6ft5 centre half.

Archived