Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone blaming the ref for us drawing today really needs to calm down. We got some quite ridiculous decisions which went our way in the first half and even in the 2nd half Furtado handled the ball before we put it wide for the cross to come in for the goal.

The reason we didn't win today is because we have a manager who insisted on playing the same way yet again, a manager who use of subs is entirely predicable and certain senior players who who failed to see out the last 90 seconds of a game against a team which had taken 7 points at home in the previous 12 matches.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Anyone blaming the ref is drawing today needs to calm down. We got some quite ridiculous decisions which went our way in the first half and even in the 2nd Furtado handled the ball before he put it wide for the cross to come in.

The reason we didn't win today is because we have a manager who insisted on playing the same way yet again, a manager who use of subs is entirely predicable and certain senior players who who failed to see out the last 90 seconds of a game against a team which had taken 7 points at home in the previous 12 matches.

I wasn't blaming the ref for the result, I was pointing out that he was a poor referee.

That was ridiculously frustrating today. The ref did have an absolute mare today, however at least he was consistently pish for both sides.

I had a pretty good view of the Lennox save/bar incident, I’m pretty confident it did go straight on the backside of the bar.

Of all the shite ref decision today, not to give the Willis freekick was absolutely astonishing, Albion fans will probably say the Davo challenge moments later will be the same.

Davo picked up a yellow, pretty sure that means he’ll miss the Forfar game.

That pitch is absolutely shocking, it’s not level in the slightest, there’s an incline at the corner of the pitch where the Away fans are, and then there’s a massive incline again at the 6 yard box, what’s that all about?! Surely that can just packed up to make it level.

Not to see out the last minute or so, and then to concede a penalty is very unprofessional.

Draw was probably a fair result for a total shitfest 90mins.

Next.

18 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

That was ridiculously frustrating today. The ref did have an absolute mare today, however at least he was consistently pish for both sides.

I had a pretty good view of the Lennox save/bar incident, I’m pretty confident it did go straight on the backside of the bar.

Of all the shite ref decision today, not to give the Willis freekick was absolutely astonishing, Albion fans will probably say the Davo challenge moments later will be the same.

Davo picked up a yellow, pretty sure that means he’ll miss the Forfar game.

That pitch is absolutely shocking, it’s not level in the slightest, there’s an incline at the corner of the pitch where the Away fans are, and then there’s a massive incline again at the 6 yard box, what’s that all about?! Surely that can just packed up to make it level.

Not to see out the last minute or so, and then to concede a penalty is very unprofessional.

Draw was probably a fair result for a total shitfest 90mins.

Next.

Agree with this.

Barr was shit as was Thomson who sold us for both goals. 

Never seen the appeal with Barr. Did well with Livi a while back when we were rumoured to be after him but always seemed like he thought he was better than he was.

Telling supporters to f**k off just shows what a w****r he is.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Never seen the appeal with Barr. Did well with Livi a while back when we were rumoured to be after him but always seemed like he thought he was better than he was.

Depends on the provocation, after all, if you can dish it out you have to be prepared to get it back.

I've always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but recently it's his complete lack of effort that gets to me. Telling someone to "f*ck off" after shanking a cross out for the 5th time in a match is pathetic. I do think there's ability there but his attitude is up there with the worst I've seen in a Rovers shirt. What's more worrying though is that Smith gave him another 90 minutes so clearly sees something that the majority of fans don't.

Depends on the provocation, after all, if you can dish it out you have to be prepared to get it back.

Agreed, defended Devlin last year when he confronted our supporters but he didn’t tell them to “f**k off”.

Plus if he did actually ask the fans for a fight then that’s pretty embarrassing.

23 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I agree with that, but if Bobby Barr can't make it through 90 minutes without responding to pelters (whilst playing absolutely fucking shite) then that doesent reflect great on him.

Rovers fans are particularly harsh at times, but that's just the way it is. Mouthing back ain't going to change that.

3 hours ago, Oor Willis said:

I know Albion Rovers fans will dispute it, but I'm confident any highlights will show Lennox was nowhere near the ball that hit the bar. I was on the terrace behind the goal and the referee got it spot on.

He did have some really strange calls for both sides. Furtado dragging the ball back to beat his man, before getting hauled down only for the referee to play on in advantage for the home team.

He got the big call right which was Thomson hauling down your player at the end. Utter madness from our defence. Pretty sure that was your first shot of the second half too.

Sorry you are wrong there. If you ask your goal-keeper he will tell you. Sorry, but you are just incorrect with that one. Anyway, it all 'balances out' as they say.

Archived