Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the stats it looks like Albion Rovers have only won two home games all season.  Hopefully we avoid gifting a goal head start this time! 

we played well at hampden but this is am entirely different type of away game all together. We need to be ready for a battle on that park and playing intricate football will be difficult. With that in mind I would start with the team that finished. Robbo and Herron in midfield and Vaughan off Big Willis up top to win headers, bully defenders and run channels. 

Hope we take good numbers through to this one. We really need to pick up wins at games like this and Forfar in these fixtures this time around,  rather than a loss or draw. If we can play with the same aggression and tempo as our last couple of games then I'm hopeful we'll pick up a win. With that said it'll be a tough test.  Start with Vaughan up top alongside Furtado and put Herron and Robbo in midfield together.  Hopefully we can keep our advantage up the top of the league. 

Hope we take good numbers through to this one. We really need to pick up wins at games like this and Forfar in these fixtures this time around,  rather than a loss or draw. If we can play with the same aggression and tempo as our last couple of games then I'm hopeful we'll pick up a win. With that said it'll be a tough test.  Start with Vaughan up top alongside Furtado and put Herron and Robbo in midfield together.  Hopefully we can keep our advantage up the top of the league. 

Fully agree with this, this is the time of the season numbers are gonna start to matter away from home. Not sure if I can make it on Saturday (hoping I can), but will deffo be at Forfar in a few weeks time.

Fully agree with this, this is the time of the season numbers are gonna start to matter away from home. Not sure if I can make it on Saturday (hoping I can), but will deffo be at Forfar in a few weeks time.
Need to keep the momentum going so when we go to Ayr we keep the gap at 5, or even better 8 if they lose their game in hand on the Tuesday night.

Missed yesterday through work so can't wait for Saturday now.

Great to see us come from behind to win and also the reaction to losing an equaliser on Tuesday.

23 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Need to keep the momentum going so when we go to Ayr we keep the gap at 5, or even better 8 if they lose their game in hand on the Tuesday night.

Missed yesterday through work so can't wait for Saturday now.

Great to see us come from behind to win and also the reaction to losing an equaliser on Tuesday.

The difference between the squad with having Lennox and Furtado in has been ridiculous so far. Lennox looks for different options, and the defence have far more confidence in him. He'll happily come off his line to collect when needed. Benedictus back too can only be a good thing.  He was rusty yesterday, but he'll get his fitness and presence over time. We have a far more aggressive team with Furtado willing to do the dirty work when dropping back, but showing great touches and a willingness to shoot. Vaughan and him up top yesterday were excellent.  Herron seems to have hit a run of good performances too. I feel injuries hampered the first half of our season so we've not given a real impression of what we can do. 

This is (our) Rovers though so I'm fully expecting us to have a repeat of the first game at Cliftonhill. 

The difference between the squad with having Lennox and Furtado in has been ridiculous so far. Lennox looks for different options, and the defence have far more confidence in him. He'll happily come off his line to collect when needed. Benedictus back too can only be a good thing.  He was rusty yesterday, but he'll get his fitness and presence over time. We have a far more aggressive team with Furtado willing to do the dirty work when dropping back, but showing great touches and a willingness to shoot. Vaughan and him up top yesterday were excellent.  Herron seems to have hit a run of good performances too. I feel injuries hampered the first half of our season so we've not given a real impression of what we can do. 
This is (our) Rovers though so I'm fully expecting us to have a repeat of the first game at Cliftonhill. 
Agree and really excited to have a full squad available. Vaughan up top playing off furtado could be effective and Spence and Buchanan as options off the bench is not too shabby.

Feel a bit for MacKay as he's done well but happy and more confident with bene back.

We look strong squad wise now and hopefully your wrong about a repeat showing!

Hoping for a produtive week so I don't have to work this weekend and can get to the game. It's a nice short trip for me, so would be good to take advantage. I also feel like it would be good to go and (hopefully) see us get a better result than the first abonination of a result/performance - excercise those demons. 

If I do go it better be fucking dry!

9 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Hoping for a produtive week so I don't have to work this weekend and can get to the game. It's a nice short trip for me, so would be good to take advantage. I also feel like it would be good to go and (hopefully) see us get a better result than the first abonination of a result/performance - excercise those demons. 

If I do go it better be fucking dry!

Demons don't lift mate.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Demons don't lift mate.

:lol: f**k sake. Initially I thought you were just making a deep point about the inability to remove Rovers-centric demons!

Going to leave it as is. If those demons can't be 'lifted' I will put them through their paces on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, WSDR 88 said:

Although I may not make it on Saturday, if I do make it - where’s the best place to park? I got the train the last time, so didn’t need to think about it. Thanks in advance.

There is ample on street parking within 5 minutes walking distance of the ground.

There is ample on street parking within 5 minutes walking distance of the ground.

Cheers mate. I was pretty pished the last game and can barely remember the surroundings haha, just remember walking past a block of flats to get to the ground.

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Going to head through to this for my first visit to Albion's ground. As has been mentioned, good travelling numbers away from home could make a crucial difference during the run in.

While the ground itself gets a lot of flak, it's exceptionally close to the pitch at the end terracing and it's easy enough to get to either in the car (as Zen says, there's loads of parking available) or via train from Edinburgh. 

My last Saturday off work for a while so I'll definitely be going.  Thought we played well against albion at home and 2nd half of airdie game and showed a real desire to win both matches. If that continues we will win here. Hope to see the team that finished against airdrie starting here.

Massive game and as with all of them it's vital we keep the momentum going.

I don't think we can afford anything less than the 8 point gap. In March there's the potential for a 6 point swing from Ayr so we really need to be looking at worst case still being top after the game at Somerset.

Any win will do right now. 

Massive game and as with all of them it's vital we keep the momentum going.
I don't think we can afford anything less than the 8 point gap. In March there's the potential for a 6 point swing from Ayr so we really need to be looking at worst case still being top after the game at Somerset.
Any win will do right now. 
I'm not too concerned about March as a lot can happen. As I touched on above, I'd be more happy if we can right the wrongs of Cliftonhill last time and Station Park where we threw away 2 points. Sandwiched between is a visit from Arbroath at Starks.

If we play to the standard we can, then I'm confident we'll get a result. A lot of it will come down to not putting ourselves on the back foot. Ideally we'll take a good away support to back the team.

Archived