Brechin City v Falkirk

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Any chance you were one of the two pains in the arse standing on the terrace midway in the Brechin half second half? Spent the whole time making a fool of themselves trying to wind up the Falkirk support in the vicinity and giving Robson stick every time he got near the ball?
My only regret was moving up towards the exits around the 90 minute mark and not being able to shout GIRFUY!
Most of the Bairns around were pishing themselves laughing at them...

Nope. I was getting more wound up by our tactics. Nothing wrong with the effort but some odd off field decision making 

I also get annoyed at all the snowflakes moaning about the pitch; its winter, its Scotland get over it. I watched a highlights package of the 84 / 85 season in England (music was great by the way) and even at places like Anfield the pitch was honking but they just got on with it and played. This was time also when we had Scottish players throughout the top flight. So we now have more plastic pitches to encourage the next generation but do not have  a Scotland starting 11 playing in the top flight of England. Is there a correlation there?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Any chance you were one of the two pains in the arse standing on the terrace midway in the Brechin half second half? Spent the whole time making a fool of themselves trying to wind up the Falkirk support in the vicinity and giving Robson stick every time he got near the ball?
My only regret was moving up towards the exits around the 90 minute mark and not being able to shout GIRFUY!
Most of the Bairns around were pishing themselves laughing at them...

Got to say that there's a few belters among the Brechin support. Group of around 8-10 standing at the extreme left of the covered terrace (facing the pitch). Contested every decision very vocally, ref and assistants being wrong in everything we got and right in everything they got. As an example, Tawio should have been sent off not Lynas apparently. One guy stood apart from the others a bit, down at the barrier but was able to tell anyone who was listening that the offside decisions at the opposite end of the park were all wrong! Was very vocal against Dods too who is a 'dirty Hibs b*****d'.

One thing I would agree with them though is, why do Brechin not play an attacking formation and just go for it? Draws are absolutely no good to you now so you're as well working on some attacking formations for next season yet the time wasting to try to get the draw was chronic. I'm sure the fans would appreciate the team giving it more of a go?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Got to say that there's a few belters among the Brechin support. Group of around 8-10 standing at the extreme left of the covered terrace (facing the pitch). Contested every decision very vocally, ref and assistants being wrong in everything we got and right in everything they got. As an example, Tawio should have been sent off not Lynas apparently. One guy stood apart from the others a bit, down at the barrier but was able to tell anyone who was listening that the offside decisions at the opposite end of the park were all wrong! Was very vocal against Dods too who is a 'dirty Hibs b*****d'.

One thing I would agree with them though is, why do Brechin not play an attacking formation and just go for it? Draws are absolutely no good to you now so you're as well working on some attacking formations for next season yet the time wasting to try to get the draw was chronic. I'm sure the fans would appreciate the team giving it more of a go?

The mafia. :lol:

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes there is a gang of absolute wallopers that stand down there, its amusing listening to their constant drivel.

36 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It looks like they took it all in good heart !  ;)

That is the fantastic thing about coming to places like Brechin .  Good lighthearted banter enjoyed in a non segregated environment ......................... Even the players join in ! 

Your two guys were fine, at least to talk to. They weren't frothing at the mouth types and were quite chuffed that they'd obviously managed to get under his skin even though he got the last laugh.

19 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Nope. I was getting more wound up by our tactics. Nothing wrong with the effort but some odd off field decision making 

I also get annoyed at all the snowflakes moaning about the pitch; its winter, its Scotland get over it. I watched a highlights package of the 84 / 85 season in England (music was great by the way) and even at places like Anfield the pitch was honking but they just got on with it and played. This was time also when we had Scottish players throughout the top flight. So we now have more plastic pitches to encourage the next generation but do not have  a Scotland starting 11 playing in the top flight of England. Is there a correlation there?

Naw, m8. About 25 years ago a global media empire took control of English football and provides financial incentives for its clubs to import international talent, to the point that there are only a few English players in the top flight let alone Scottish.

Banning the tackle from behind has had an adverse effect on the progress of Scottish players, I'll give you that although it's probably a good thing.

Brechin deserve to be relegated for that pitch alone. These poor playing conditions are not welcomed at this level, and it’s played a massive part in your poor points total this season.

The Paul Hartley juggernaut continues.

No-one should be being relegated or denied promotion purely on the state of their facilities. It about performance on the park.
As Falkirk supporters we suffered enough over Brockville.
I would have thought all Falkirk supporters would be the last to make the point you make...

The Undateables [emoji85]

Stop it. Please stop it I honestly cant take anymore of this. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

5 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Yes there is a gang of absolute wallopers that stand down there, its amusing listening to their constant drivel.

It was certainly a lot more entertaining than the game! 

Forgot to say too that we had walked round toward the exit by the time we scored but looked over at the wee group to see the guy at the barrier running round the terracing to chase the wee lineswuman! 

Archived