Brechin City v Falkirk

Layne has never done enough I for one am not prepared to wait all season for the chance of a couple of decent strikes. He’s not a team player and not a good enough enigma to play week in week out. As for Lynas he was put in midfield?? Surely a midfield player would have been a better choice.we were still in the game and a defensive decision was made (we can’t fucking defend)so why not someone that could possibly take us up the park? Another poor coaches decision

He had to sub Dale as he was yellow carded first half then quite easily could ve got another yellow for clattering into A Falkirk player so that was right desicion but I agree he could ve put Sparky into midfield and Lynas right back or brought on Finn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was taking the piss ! 
But on a serious note  the pitch was awful  but that's what happens when it has been hard frost all week and the frost starts to come out on a Friday.  The rain we had just sat on the surface , not able to penetrate to the drains.   
The game was played , you lot won ,  you are world beaters now according to this thread anyway ,  so where is the problem ?  
Have a nice day ! 
World beaters? Not sure anyone has implied this.

Tbh I thought you might have become more adept at taking defeat this season but its quite nice to see a fan of a team like Brechin still get upset. Really shows how much you care about the club so well done on that.

Imaging anyone makong any sort of noises at defending that pitch. I would expect Sunday amateurs to moan about that. I know its winter but it really is an advert for a pitch like ours. We all prefer grass but not that version of it.

I ve no idea as to why pitch which has nt seen a game since early January was in such a mess .Frost n rain obviously play a part . But hey you got a game , a pint , 3 points a day away from yer Mrs ( or Mr[emoji8]) so it ain t all bad

He had to sub Dale as he was yellow carded first half then quite easily could ve got another yellow for clattering into A Falkirk player so that was right desicion but I agree he could ve put Sparky into midfield and Lynas right back or brought on Finn

Ok but my point was Dods made a defensive decision when we were still in the game Lynas wasn’t put on so we could attack more

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

World beaters? Not sure anyone has implied this.

Tbh I thought you might have become more adept at taking defeat this season but its quite nice to see a fan of a team like Brechin still get upset. Really shows how much you care about the club so well done on that.

Given all the negative stuff  on here up till you scored then that was mostly forgotten after a scrambled toe poke and the thread turning into  mass hysteria  gives that impression .  :lol:

Aye we are taking defeat well but I draw the line at amateur gardener type supporters thinking they are  groundsmen !  ;)  

Given all the negative stuff  on here up till you scored then that was mostly forgotten after a scrambled toe poke and the thread turning into  mass hysteria  gives that impression .  [emoji38]
Aye we are taking defeat well but I draw the line at amateur gardener type supporters thinking they are  groundsmen !  [emoji6]  

Taking defeat well ???? You were raging I saw you give 3 City fans both barrels [emoji34][emoji34]

I am now unsure as to why we have made too late signings (Storie and Shields - apparently). We are fucked and should just stick with what we have to keep the powder dry for next year - unless they are going to be about next year.
Whilst I agree re goalie change he was hardly tested yester against a oish Falkirk team that took 94 minutes to get a shot on goal whilst playing against the ten men of the pishiest team in the league.
I cannot wait for it all to be over.

Any chance you were one of the two pains in the arse standing on the terrace midway in the Brechin half second half? Spent the whole time making a fool of themselves trying to wind up the Falkirk support in the vicinity and giving Robson stick every time he got near the ball?
My only regret was moving up towards the exits around the 90 minute mark and not being able to shout GIRFUY!
Most of the Bairns around were pishing themselves laughing at them...

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Any chance you were one of the two pains in the arse standing on the terrace midway in the Brechin half second half? Spent the whole time making a fool of themselves trying to wind up the Falkirk support in the vicinity and giving Robson stick every time he got near the ball?
My only regret was moving up towards the exits around the 90 minute mark and not being able to shout GIRFUY!
Most of the Bairns around were pishing themselves laughing at them...

I take it you happened to ignore your mate there then ?:lol::lol:

17 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

We were pish but we won so can't complain too much.
Had a brilliant time standing right at the halfway line giving abuse to everyone and anyone.
Hiya Sparky hiya pal.

12 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I felt my abuse was both insightful and encouraging to all involved. Not like those trying to noise up poor Robson.

I think he got his own back by putting in the cross for the winning goal, celebrating right in front of them and then giving them a wee thumbs-up at fulltime.  What goes around, comes around.

TR cele 4.jpg

16 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was getting dogs abuse for the whole of the second half from two of their supporters so when we scored he ran straight towards them. In fairness, they took it well. I was sitting about ten yards away and spoke to them afterwards. One of them said that if you give it out you have to take it so fair play to the guys. 

Tommy was buzzing afterwards. He gave them a big thumbs up at full-time. :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think he got his own back by putting in the cross for the winning goal, celebrating right in front of them and then giving them a wee thumbs-up at fulltime.  What goes around, comes around.

TR cele 4.jpg

It looks like they took it all in good heart !  ;)

That is the fantastic thing about coming to places like Brechin .  Good lighthearted banter enjoyed in a non segregated environment ......................... Even the players join in ! 

It looks like they took it all in good heart !  [emoji6]
That is the fantastic thing about coming to places like Brechin .  Good lighthearted banter enjoyed in a non segregated environment ......................... Even the players join in ! 

Must admit the constant, ‘you’re pish Robson’ or ‘no wonder your shirt number is 42’ every time he went near them was quite amusing.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Must admit the constant, ‘you’re pish Robson’ or ‘no wonder your shirt number is 42’ every time he went near them was quite amusing.

Just a pity your keeper couldn't take the banter a bit better.    "f**k Off "  is a pretty lame come back after getting telt that he is nowhere near good enough for Celtic after his 4th effort at kicking the ball over the hedge. :lol:

Archived