Brechin City v Falkirk

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible game on a cow field, Shocking tackle on Taiwo, as soon as I saw it was a red card I thought the game would end 0-0.

Why do Brechin not come out more? The couple of half chances they had were pretty well worked and probably would have been finished off by a sharper striker, surely they have nothing to lose now.

Falkirk huffed and puffed but could not get anywhere near the goal until the last kick. I quite like it when a team, especially the goalkeeper, have been wasting time for about 40 mins then lose a goal in the 93rd/94th minute.

Worst game I’ve seen McGhee having but the rest of team weren’t much better. Good to get a win though.

1 minute ago, slangs said:

Ha! Very good, do you know the truth?

Lets just say no way committee gave the manager a promise that the job will be his next year. There is a free hit then there is dismal failure. I am sure the committee never thought that at this time of the season we would have only 4 points. But saying all that Brechin are not a club that dumps manager's easily but I really think they need to give this careful thought over the coming months

Pretty gutted not to have taken any thing from that but falkirk deserved their win. Good to see paddy getting his chance though he did pretty well hope he keeps his spot next week. No idea what Lynas was thinking with that challenge was pretty stupid and cost us the game no idea why issac wasn't brought on earlier maybe could have put him on for Dale and pushed Smith in to midfield and gone with two strikers. Ah well on to next week we live in hope

Out of curiosity, why is Layne not getting any game time? I could not understand why Dods waited to the 89th minute to bring him on..

Your spot on Isaacs an enigma never took his chance at start of season then came back into starting 11 in Nov/Dec gave Utd / St Mirren a torrid time but went back into his shell . Came on against Celtic also gave Boyatta and Ajer no end of problems but has been dropped since .Must have an attitude problem I'm guessing . He's got a 35 yarder in his locker but has to back it up with more workrate

Layne has never done enough I for one am not prepared to wait all season for the chance of a couple of decent strikes. He’s not a team player and not a good enough enigma to play week in week out. As for Lynas he was put in midfield?? Surely a midfield player would have been a better choice.we were still in the game and a defensive decision was made (we can’t fucking defend)so why not someone that could possibly take us up the park? Another poor coaches decision

14 hours ago, slangs said:

Ok 2 games wat about the rest of the season.u can go through the team and say anyone has cost us get a grip

If anyone has cost us it is Buzz.  What a difference yesterday with a defence who were confident with a goalie behind them .   This was the most significant change that has been made and one which should have been made weeks ago. 

I am now unsure as to why we have made too late signings (Storie and Shields - apparently). We are fucked and should just stick with what we have to keep the powder dry for next year - unless they are going to be about next year.

Whilst I agree re goalie change he was hardly tested yester against a oish Falkirk team that took 94 minutes to get a shot on goal whilst playing against the ten men of the pishiest team in the league.

I cannot wait for it all to be over.

26 minutes ago, slangs said:

Layne has never done enough I for one am not prepared to wait all season for the chance of a couple of decent strikes. He’s not a team player and not a good enough enigma to play week in week out. As for Lynas he was put in midfield?? Surely a midfield player would have been a better choice.we were still in the game and a defensive decision was made (we can’t fucking defend)so why not someone that could possibly take us up the park? Another poor coaches decision

We defended very well yesterday. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Imaging anyone makong any sort of noises at defending that pitch. I would expect Sunday amateurs to moan about that. I know its winter but it really is an advert for a pitch like ours. We all prefer grass but not that version of it.

I was taking the piss ! 

But on a serious note  the pitch was awful  but that's what happens when it has been hard frost all week and the frost starts to come out on a Friday.  The rain we had just sat on the surface , not able to penetrate to the drains.   

The game was played , you lot won ,  you are world beaters now according to this thread anyway ,  so where is the problem ?  

Have a nice day ! 

Archived