Brechin City v Falkirk

Well that s another kick in the balls. We defo did nt do enough to win that game but I thought the effort we put in deserved a draw.
We had 2 great chances first 5 minutes then a great penalty shout turned down but to be fair apart from Crichton s header 2nd half we sat deeper and deeper. and rode our luck .
Now onto the red card an absolute shocking tackle that could ve seriously hurt the player so no arguments from me .That's the 2nd time this season Aaron Lynas has let his team mates down I hope the club hammer him and his team mates let him have it .Dod s did well to sub Dale who might ve seen a red himself .
That said the referee from a City fans point of view had a terrible game .Not his fault we lost that's our own fault but he was stinking .
I thought Paddy looked comfortable in goals and deserves another chance . I don t think we had many failures today effort wise and a wee bit luck were worth a draw..

Is this serious do we not question anything ffs

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Okay, here goes - Falkirk were gash, the evidence being one shot on goal (unfortunately the one that went in) and it took them half an hour of playing against the worst team in the League whilst we were down to ten men to get it.

The red card - no complaints but it certainly cost us a point, which whilst we did not do enough to win we deserved something. 

Not sure why Fin did not come on earlier for Morrison - only because we needed a midfielder in there after Lynas got sent off.

With at least 15 min left it was clear that Mackin was blowing so Layne should have been on then, not with two minutes left.

The red card Dods can do nothing about but substitutions he can - they were slow to happen. I have no complaints about the team and the set up or the effort.

And yet again we get Glebe Park pitch in a state shocker an excuss for a plastic pitch team under performing - it Scotland, its winter, get over it Snowflakes. How many games you had off this year?

Spoiler Okay, here goes - Falkirk were gash, the evidence being one shot on goal (unfortunately the one that went in) and it took them half an hour of playing against the worst team in the League whilst we were down to ten men to get it.
The red card - no complaints but it certainly cost us a point, which whilst we did not do enough to win we deserved something. 
Not sure why Fin did not come on earlier for Morrison - only because we needed a midfielder in there after Lynas got sent off.
With at least 15 min left it was clear that Mackin was blowing so Layne should have been on then, not with two minutes left.
The red card Dods can do nothing about but substitutions he can - they were slow to happen. I have no complaints about the team and the set up or the effort.
And yet again we get Glebe Park pitch in a state shocker an excuss for a plastic pitch team under performing - it Scotland, its winter, get over it Snowflakes. How many games you had off this year?

No room for dinner now, that was delicious.

38 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Far too keen to drop to the ground today when challenged and not chase the lost cause, obviously today's pitch, surroundings didn't get him up for it

Loy perhaps today but the worst of the back three today was McGhee.

Blaming previous players isn't the answer to our failure, sibbald wasn't as good as Longridge today, is he in with your blame game ?

Sibbs? I’ve questioned his desire often enough in the past. We are an absolute bombscare of a team, and the responsibility for that has to lie somewhere, and for me, it’s with the players, and of those players, it’s the ones who have been central to the bombscare from the get go this season. McGhee is no wunderkind, but he possesses a degree of competency in his role that Muirhead and Watson rarely display. 

At the end of the day, we are where we are because of a collection of players who together and individually, have been performing far worse than their counterparts at seven other teams in this league. I am more than happy to point out who I think are the consistent and repeated failures in the team.......the guys who have done badly time and time again, and the guys who I think will eternally come up short. That’s Watson, Muirhead and Loy. 

I would say in this league alone, there’s a dozen centre backs out performing either of our two, and yes, probably another dozen front men out performing. Loy. You would hard pushed to find any clubs in this league that would entertain having any of the three of them in their starting elevens.

“Let down teammates “ wat the f**k?there’s been players n coaches letting down the club all season get a fn grip

Of course he's let his team mates down .It was a needless horrendous tackle in a match we were very much still involved in . And for the 2nd time this year he's probably cost us guaranteed point or points (Dumbarton ) .

Guest Back Post Misses
Sibbs? I’ve questioned his desire often enough in the past. We are an absolute bombscare of a team, and the responsibility for that has to lie somewhere, and for me, it’s with the players, and of those players, it’s the ones who have been central to the bombscare from the get go this season. McGhee is no wunderkind, but he possesses a degree of competency in his role that Muirhead and Watson rarely display. 

At the end of the day, we are where we are because of a collection of players who together and individually, have been performing far worse than their counterparts at seven other teams in this league. I am more than happy to point out who I think are the consistent and repeated failures in the team.......the guys who have done badly time and time again, and the guys who I think will eternally come up short. That’s Watson, Muirhead and Loy. 

I would say in this league alone, there’s a dozen centre backs out performing either of our two, and yes, probably another dozen front men out performing. Loy. You would hard pushed to find any clubs in this league that would entertain having any of the three of them in their starting elevens.

That bombscare of a team has won 8 of our last 11 games and lost 3 in 13, scored 23 and lost only 13

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Replaced by a midfielder for fecks sake.  Hartley holding out for the point obviously.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Brechin down to 10 men. Can Hartley’s Heroes hang on for a point?

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

We're conspiring to lose this aren't we?

Get it up you

52 minutes ago, Trump said:

Disease lol.

The man is an absolute arsehole. I'm delighted that we won to bend it right up him. Falkirk are back and the c**t is spewing. We will never, ever be in a position ever again which is as bad as that p***k thinks we're in now. 

Make no mistake, anyone who truly loves this club will get their reward next season. Paul Hartley is dominating and is modernising our club. There are dinosaurs who want to be ITK that won't take to him. Good. f**k them. 

Today was yet another win for a sleeping giant. We are Falkirk. Those who matter stuck with the team today. 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Get it up you

The man is an absolute arsehole. I'm delighted that we won to bend it right up him. Falkirk are back and the c**t is spewing. We will never, ever be in a position ever again which is as bad as that p***k thinks we're in now. 

Make no mistake, anyone who truly loves this club will get their reward next season. Paul Hartley is dominating and is modernising our club. There are dinosaurs who want to be ITK that won't take to him. Good. f**k them. 

Today was yet another win for a sleeping giant. We are Falkirk. Those who matter stuck with the team today. 

Top class post mate.

Don't understand any of our fans who are desperate  for us to do badly. It actually disgusts me.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Names of players please you feel are better ?

Please take into are available and within our budget roughly....

Sing when your winning, on paper is usually a flip to sicken the opposite fans but the way this league is bar St mirren and Brechin, its how this league is.

We were better the 2nd half and won.....so its sing when your winning for me and not slate players from a more successful era.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Top class post mate.

Don't understand any of our fans who are desperate  for us to do badly. It actually disgusts me.

I'll slate bad performances but a win is a win and there is no negative in that and I don't see the point of being 80-100% negative after that....I will have a much lower negativity....but a wins a win

Of course he's let his team mates down .It was a needless horrendous tackle in a match we were very much still involved in . And for the 2nd time this year he's probably cost us guaranteed point or points (Dumbarton ) .

Ok 2 games wat about the rest of the season.u can go through the team and say anyone has cost us get a grip

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Robson celebrating in front of the Brechin fans was lovely

He was getting dogs abuse for the whole of the second half from two of their supporters so when we scored he ran straight towards them. In fairness, they took it well. I was sitting about ten yards away and spoke to them afterwards. One of them said that if you give it out you have to take it so fair play to the guys. 

Tommy was buzzing afterwards. He gave them a big thumbs up at full-time. :thumsup2

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

You support a proper club and experience the same joy and despair that I do. When you win 8 of 11 I would expect you to enjoy it. Its a beautiful feeling supporting your club and despite our rivalry, you do the same thing I do every Saturday. 

You could support a team whose players take selfies on the pitch and queue up for autographs. So it could be much, much worse. 

Guest Back Post Misses

I agree on Hartley. I don’t give a shit who he upsets TBH. Getting shot of Kerr and Miller has proved to be the best move he could have made. We are top of the form league since those two were emptied and I don’t think it is any coincidence either.

I think the CEO is from similar stock. There to do a job and won’t be deflected from where they are trying to get us too. I didn’t agree with his call on the Academy but at least he has the courage of his convictions not like the mob who have been there for 20 years.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Get it up you

Being a pessimist doesn't really mean that I want to see the team do badly. 

28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That bombscare of a team has won 8 of our last 11 games and lost 3 in 13, scored 23 and lost only 13

Aye, but for the rest of the season? We can cut and paste statistics like this to make whatever point we want to. That’s why you cherry picked our last eleven games rather than our last  20. That wouldn’t re-in force the point you are trying to make.

The improvements come from Hartley, and the players he brought in. The players in the side who aren’t up to it are some of those he has inherited, and of those, Loy and the centre backs stick out like sore thumbs as the consistent problems.

Wasnt it you who called Loy a “wage thief”?  Do you no longer believe what you said to be true?

As many have said, come the summer, there’s going to be a massive turn over of players again. With the January window, Hartley did just about as much as could be expected of him. He has fixed the goal scoring issue, but not the defence. It’s better, (but soundly beaten by ICT and Franchise FC tell you it’s nowhere near being right).

It will be interesting to see if both of them form our central defensive partnership after the summer.

Names of players please you feel are better ?
Please take into are available and within our budget roughly....
Sing when your winning, on paper is usually a flip to sicken the opposite fans but the way this league is bar St mirren and Brechin, its how this league is.
We were better the 2nd half and won.....so its sing when your winning for me and not slate players from a more successful era.

"Not my job to pick players" reply inbound IMO.

Falkirk.... Some fucking boiz.

Jakubiak makes my balls move about in their bag

Archived