Brechin City v Falkirk

I would say on current form 1 more point before the seasons end will be a massive achievement . We ve been shite since Xmas

Sounds like after the early season optimism the heads beginning to slip.
I’d say you could still pick up a few more. I am wee bit concerned re some aspects of our first half performance up at Cove so I would say we are not raving certs to win.
Also Dumbarton appear to be on a bit of a downward spiral.
Tbh, anyone other that St Mirren look beatable on their off day at the moment.,,

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like after the early season optimism the heads beginning to slip.
I’d say you could still pick up a few more. I am wee bit concerned re some aspects of our first half performance up at Cove so I would say we are not raving certs to win.
Also Dumbarton appear to be on a bit of a downward spiral.
Tbh, anyone other that St Mirren look beatable on their off day at the moment.,,

We could ve beat St Mirren twice we honestly battered them especially at home Isaac had his best game .
But we never [emoji47]...

We could ve beat St Mirren twice we honestly battered them especially at home Isaac had his best game .

But we never [emoji47]...

Well to put a positive slant on that from your perspective if you reach those heights against anyone else who knows?

On another subject, watched Cove’s main striker Mitch Megginson give us a torrid first half on Saturday including a goal after 3 minutes. He’s already got 39 this season. I actually thought he was upper League One, Lower Scottish Championship level. I immediately thought that he could have been an obvious option for Brechin if he is based in Aberdeen. Do you know if he’s someone your club has looked at? I think he’s ex Dumbarton.

Well to put a positive slant on that from your perspective if you reach those heights against anyone else who knows?

On another subject, watched Cove’s main striker Mitch Meggenson give us a torrid first half on Saturday including a goal after 3 minutes. He’s already got 39 this season. I actually thought he was upper League One, Lower Scottish Championship level. I immediately thought that he could have been an obvious option for Brechin if he is based in Aberdeen. Do you know if he’s someone your club has looked at? I think he’s ex Dumbarton.

He was on loan at us 7 or 8 years ago maybe . He was really young .We get these young Aberdeen guys in all the time !all good players but always just too young

He was on loan at us 7 or 8 years ago maybe . He was really young .We get these young Aberdeen guys in all the time !all good players but always just too young

Not sure how much he’d want a move but I could certainly see him and Layne forming a decent front line for you...

10 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I would say on current form 1 more point before the seasons end will be a massive achievement . We ve been shite since Xmas

No clamour for big Dods to get emptied?

Na not from me anyway .He certainly not Pep Guardiola but club owe him a season.
They brought him in 2/3week s before season started with 4 signed players or something. He pulled off great escape winning 9 outta 10 last games .
Next season he wins us promotion thru the back door after injury ravaged season so na he deserve s his free run this year .
But he s not without fault either trying to sit on leads when we re actually better attacking etc . Next season we can truly judge him ...

On 12/02/2018 at 18:29, Duncan Freemason said:

Think we are the only FT side capable of delivering a performance below the Brechin threshold......we’ve probably already delivered that sort of rankness on three or four occasions under Houston,  and were just lucky that Brechin were never the opponents.

Interestingly, even with Hartley’s partial clear out, the last franchise game showed we are still capable of dug shite awfulness, and given the replacements are broadly accepted as being better than what they replaced, then the fickle finger of fate has got be firmly pointing towards the remnants of Houston’s chaps as being the culprits. Sibbs and Taiwo are pretty much clear of any criticism, so Muirhead, Grant, Watson, and Kidd all look likely to be up against Brechin next season......but not with us.

Houstons time was up but I think our performances post Houston v Morton, Livvy, Dunfermline, Inverness, QOTS and Dundee Utd were far the worst of our season where we looked like we hadnt met each other and never seen a ball before

I dont think anyone is safe from criticism its part of the game, in Sibbs and Taiwo may get lenient views at times due to previous but when they are having a mare, then its safe to say this will be pointed out, Tams game v Livvy recently was probably his worst in a FFC jersey for me. 

I also think Muirhead is firmly in the managers plans for next season, I wouldnt be surprised if the latter mentioned above werent albeit Kidd has had some tidy games in the midfield

46 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I've a feeling Megginson was only at Alloa for the last half of the season. I can't remember whether he was on loan from Raith or whether they had released him. Maybe an Alloa fan can help?

Mitch had 2 spells @ Alloa, 2012/13 & again in 2016.

Quite liked him when was with The Sons, felt he was never really played in his true position - up front.

Mitch had 2 spells @ Alloa, 2012/13 & again in 2016.
Quite liked him when was with The Sons, felt he was never really played in his true position - up front.

I’d imagine if he wanted part time SPFL football Brechin would be a better choice than Dumbarton for him given his base in the North East.

Win today and not only could we be nine points clear of Dumbarton, but depending on results we could be within 6 points of the play-offs, ahead of next week’s home game against Dumbarton.

Key game for us today or is it only about beating Dumbarton next week?

On the train now, first visit to the hedge too.

Not sure I'm the biggest fan of the formation we've used the past few games but I'm fairly confident of the win based on the last game between us. Definitely felt that if Brechin were a bit more adventurous they could have caught us out, we also didn't get out of 1st gear so who knows.

Win today and not only could we be nine points clear of Dumbarton, but depending on results we could be within 6 points of the play-offs, ahead of next week’s home game against Dumbarton.
Key game for us today or is it only about beating Dumbarton next week?

Same here lose today and it's no Premiership play offs for us ........

Archived