Brechin City v Falkirk

Brechin become the latest side to have a crack at the Paul Hartley express next weekend, just 11 days on from the last meeting a TFS.

Hartley seems to have settled on 3-4-2-1 as his preferred formation so I think what we will probably see for this is something along the lines of:

Hazard

Muirhead-Watson-McGhee

Tumilty-Kidd-Sibbs-Robson

Longridge

Jakubiak-Loy

0-3. Loy, Jakubiak and Loy again.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just might be Brechin’s last chance to slay a Championship dragon. If they throw caution to the wind and play the dude who came on late at TFS, then our central defenders might oblige with a gift or two.

On the other hand, Sibbs just might be in the mood to provide Rory with the ammunition to kick his rehabilitation programme up a gear.

Can we screw this up? Of course we can, but don’t think we will. This plus the Dumbarton game are the ones that can finally lift the fear. Six points, and we are back in Kansas.

Glad to get a home game at last. Starting to loose my enthusiasm for games now be glad when this season is over and we get back league one

Now now . Nay body said it d be easy . I think we should set ourselves a realistic target for rest of season say 5pts [emoji4]

Anyone worked out when Brechin are officially play offs or relegated ?

I suspect it's more ssssssssssss to the bomb goes off and not tick tock

There is part of me thinking if we don't turn up we could be first, hopefully Hartley has them fired up for this week and next week to springboard us up to loftier places

We'll need to be a lot better than we were in the second half on Tuesday and the full game on Saturday. I'd definitely be dropping an attacking player to get Taiwo back into the midfield. Loy probably sits for me Clive, with Louis XIV up top alongside Jak.

Think we are the only FT side capable of delivering a performance below the Brechin threshold......we’ve probably already delivered that sort of rankness on three or four occasions under Houston,  and were just lucky that Brechin were never the opponents.

Interestingly, even with Hartley’s partial clear out, the last franchise game showed we are still capable of dug shite awfulness, and given the replacements are broadly accepted as being better than what they replaced, then the fickle finger of fate has got be firmly pointing towards the remnants of Houston’s chaps as being the culprits. Sibbs and Taiwo are pretty much clear of any criticism, so Muirhead, Grant, Watson, and Kidd all look likely to be up against Brechin next season......but not with us.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Anyone worked out when Brechin are officially play offs or relegated ?

I suspect it's more ssssssssssss to the bomb goes off and not tick tock

There is part of me thinking if we don't turn up we could be first, hopefully Hartley has them fired up for this week and next week to springboard us up to loftier places

Imagine losing to Brechin away 2 weeks before we go to Ibrox :unsure2:

1 hour ago, Big Ger Cafferty said:

Jordan Sinclair to be in the starting XI for this one, along with Brechin feeling they shouldn't have left Falkirk empty handed in the last game will see City win their first game this season. Paul Hartley will be raging

Eh, say what?

Think we are the only FT side capable of delivering a performance below the Brechin threshold......we’ve probably already delivered that sort of rankness on three or four occasions under Houston,  and were just lucky that Brechin were never the opponents.
Interestingly, even with Hartley’s partial clear out, the last franchise game showed we are still capable of dug shite awfulness, and given the replacements are broadly accepted as being better than what they replaced, then the fickle finger of fate has got be firmly pointing towards the remnants of Houston’s chaps as being the culprits. Sibbs and Taiwo are pretty much clear of any criticism, so Muirhead, Grant, Watson, and Kidd all look likely to be up against Brechin next season......but not with us.
Being VERY harsh on Kidd post move to midfield there. One thing he is not, is a league one player.

I agree, it is being very harsh on Kidd since his re-birth as a midfielder, and that might prove to be his saving grace. Still, let’s say no-one comes in for Sibbs, then a midfield of Sibbs, Taiwo, Kidd and one other still doesn’t seem quite right, or quite good enough unless the new guy is a six footer, and can do box to box effectively.

The back four though........that needs significant work, and potentially a complete change of personnel. Any permutation of the existing crew has delivered not a single howler free 90 minutes this season.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I agree, it is being very harsh on Kidd since his re-birth as a midfielder, and that might prove to be his saving grace. Still, let’s say no-one comes in for Sibbs, then a midfield of Sibbs, Taiwo, Kidd and one other still doesn’t seem quite right, or quite good enough unless the new guy is a six footer, and can do box to box effectively.

The back four though........that needs significant work, and potentially a complete change of personnel. Any permutation of the existing crew has delivered not a single howler free 90 minutes this season.

What back four? We haven't used a back four since we started winning games.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Eh, say what?

Exactly

3 hours ago, Big Ger Cafferty said:

Jordan Sinclair to be in the starting XI for this one, along with Brechin feeling they shouldn't have left Falkirk empty handed in the last game will see City win their first game this season. Paul Hartley will be raging

That’s a weird feeling for Brechin to have had. They scored once, and conceded three times. That kind of says they shouldn’t be putting to much faith in them there feelings. No sireee.

3 hours ago, Big Ger Cafferty said:

Silly.

Archived