Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

madton

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a good profile of Paul Hartley In the Metro yesterday. He's looking forward to coining it in for next season with the game at Ibrox and sky TV chipping in. He played the interview low-key, but I am sure Paul has something up his sleeve for this one. 

There was a good profile of Paul Hartley In the Metro yesterday. He's looking forward to coining it in for next season with the game at Ibrox and sky TV chipping in. He played the interview low-key, but I am sure Paul has something up his sleeve for this one. 
Ehhh, Jakubiak isnt up his sleeve m8. Hes bodying all comers and is ready to skelp the ****

On 15/02/2018 at 12:35, The_Kincardine said:

Yes.  The BBC certainly should lift their petty boycott of us.

Wrong way round.. The new club banned the BBC for calling them a new club as they are. How petulant is that? Typical of the mob. 

2 hours ago, bairney said:

Wrong way round.. The new club banned the BBC for calling them a new club as they are. How petulant is that? Typical of the mob. 

I can't go to the game cos I've been banned* for saying they died in 2012. 

* probably.

8 hours ago, bairney said:

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Wasn't the BBC banned and protested at for saying bad things about Sir Craigy baby in 2011?

Chris McLaughlin (correctly) stated a few **** were lifted for sectarian singing at Easter Road a couple of years ago.

As the entire world knows, the Truth and Sevconians are not, and never have been, on speaking terms.

I see that the SFA are still living in the seventies and before. If the Aberdeen and Motherwell cup ties are postponed at the weekend, the rearranged games will be next Tuesday, which is fair enough. However, if the Celtic and Rangers matches are put off, they don’t play until the following midweek. Obviously don’t want, perhaps only one of them to have to play the midweek before an “old firm” match and get all the flak that that would generate from the “wronged” party. Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Hearts all have league games that weekend as well. Utterly pathetic. 

I see that the SFA are still living in the seventies and before. If the Aberdeen and Motherwell cup ties are postponed at the weekend, the rearranged games will be next Tuesday, which is fair enough. However, if the Celtic and Rangers matches are put off, they don’t play until the following midweek. Obviously don’t want, perhaps only one of them to have to play the midweek before an “old firm” match and get all the flak that that would generate from the “wronged” party. Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Hearts all have league games that weekend as well. Utterly pathetic. 

Interestingly, Morton actually have a league game that following midweek, but nothing next midweek. So it would be good to have an explanation from the SPFL.

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Default is that replays (or 2nd attempt if postponed) are second midweek i.e. 10-11 days later. However clubs can agree to try first midweek i.e. 3-4 days later.

It's not SFA picking 'n choosing.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Default is that replays (or 2nd attempt if postponed) are second midweek i.e. 10-11 days later. However clubs can agree to try first midweek i.e. 3-4 days later.

It's not SFA picking 'n choosing.

You are not right. With every round of the cup the SFA give three dates. The planned date, the date for the match if it’s postponed, and the date of the match if there’s a replay. I know what you’re saying about replays, which are different, but this is rescheduling the original match. We all have to put up with this utter cr*p fawning to Celtic and Rangers, “ oh we can’t be seen to favour one over the other”, and have done forever without anyone questioning it. It won’t happen, but I would like the SFA to explain what their thinking is on this. And it’s looking more and more likely that the matches will be postponed, so it’s going to come into play.

37 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Cup games always take priority over league games, so our league game would be postponed.

Would that be our league game against Dumbarton which was already postponed this Saturday due to the Celtic game? :lol: 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You are not right.

With every round of the cup the SFA give three dates. The planned date, the date for the match if it’s postponed, and the date of the match if there’s a replay. I know what you’re saying about replays, which are different, but this is rescheduling the original match. We all have to put up with this utter cr*p fawning to Celtic and Rangers, “ oh we can’t be seen to favour one over the other”, and have done forever without anyone questioning it.

Not so.

What the SFA put out are the details which the clubs have agreed... If the clubs cannot agree, or if they don't want to agree anything different, it is 10-11 days later. If the 2 clubs want to try in the first midweek they can agree to do so. It is absolutely NOT the case that someone at Hampden sits down with the list of ties and a red marker pens and goes "that tie will try this midweek, that tie will try next midweek". Their only intervention would be if neither club can even agree for whether it should be Tuesday/Wednesday of the second midweek. Here is the rule wording:

23. DRAWN OR UNPLAYED TIES, EXCLUDING SEMI-FINALS AND FINAL TIES

(a) When a first match in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two or Round Three is drawn, or is not played on or before the original date, the drawn or unplayed match shall be replayed

or played on the Saturday following the first match or the date fixed therefor, or in the second midweek following the original match date, unless the two clubs, the relevant authorities and the Scottish FA are all

agreeable that the match be played on an earlier date. The drawn or unplayed match shall take place on a day to be mutually agreed by the two clubs, other than Thursday or Friday.

(b) In subsequent Rounds, the drawn or unplayed match shall be replayed or played in the second midweek following the first match or the date fixed therefor, on a day other than Thursday or Friday, unless the two

clubs, the relevant authorities and the Scottish FA are all agreeable that the match be played on an earlier date.

(c) If, in either case, regulated by Rule 23(a) or (b), a tie is still undecided clubs are required to make two attempts to play or to replay the tie in succeeding mid-weeks until a decision is reached. These attempts

will be made on Mondays and Wednesdays. Clubs may however elect to play on a Tuesday rather than a Monday, but if doing so, will be required to play or replay on the Wednesday of that midweek in the event

of a draw or a postponement. Competition replays will have priority over league matches in the Scottish Professional Football League or any other relevant league either scheduled or re-scheduled except in

exceptional circumstances and by agreement of the Board.

Arguably the rule might maybe be refined so clubs can't choose the first midweek when there are already league games scheduled, to avoid unnecessary disruption - but broadly it works fine.

Archived