Middle east

PhilMaHole

I wonder what you'd do about it if you were POTUS? Or PM

On a side note this Israeli jet that was shot down seems to be dominating the news all day for some reason?

I like the way its reported as "crashed whilst under fire" " came down while engaged militarily " anything but 'shot down'

I agree with this unreported version

Israeli logic: • Syria’s legal ally sends UAV over occupied Syrian territory • Israel responds by sending aircraft through Lebanese airspace into Syrian airspace • Syria responds by downing infiltrating Israeli F16 • Israel cries about violation of sovereignty

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They can't make it sound like American military technology is vulnerable to Russian military technology, sales would slump.

That's true, how many ways can it be avoided saying, shot down?

Today our F14 had a difficult landing after intercepting a rocket in the fucking face.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They can't make it sound like American military technology is vulnerable to Russian military technology, sales would slump.

Tbf the past two decades is littered with stories of drones being shot down, crashing of their own volition and generally being a liability yet they're still bought in droves.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tbf the past two decades is littered with stories of drones being shot down, crashing of their own volition and generally being a liability yet they're still bought in droves.

Wouldn't surprise me if Russia went into Syria to stop yet another client state getting trashed by Western weaponry and their arms sales taking another hit. Using the good stuff now.

I wonder what you'd do about it if you were POTUS? Or PM

On a side note this Israeli jet that was shot down seems to be dominating the news all day for some reason?
I like the way its reported as "crashed whilst under fire" " came down while engaged militarily " anything but 'shot down'
I agree with this unreported version
Israeli logic: • Syria’s legal ally sends UAV over occupied Syrian territory • Israel responds by sending aircraft through Lebanese airspace into Syrian airspace • Syria responds by downing infiltrating Israeli F16 • Israel cries about violation of sovereignty

Just stop interfering, and stop selling them arms. The whole trouble was caused by England and France after WW1 when they reneged on the deals they had made with the various tribes regarding homelands, because of the oil, and it's still all about the oil, and profit of course

10 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The Middle East has been in turmoil for centuries, I'm curious to see how the P&B collective of Middle aged alcoholics, VLs and sociopaths would solve it.

Bookmarked.

It'll be the usual gang shouting down whoever doesn't agree with the group collective. Everything will be fine.

11 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The Middle East has been in turmoil for centuries, I'm curious to see how the P&B collective of Middle aged alcoholics, VLs and sociopaths would solve it.

Bookmarked.

^^^^ Middle aged, alcoholic, VL, sociopath.

Any solution will require the world’s only super power, the USA, playing some sort of honest broker role. That has never looked further away than it does at present.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

The US being called Honest Brokers in anything that involves Israel against a Middle East neighbours is like calling an SPFL Referee an Honest Broker in a game between one of the OF and any other team.

Yeah the pro-Zionism of US politicians crosses political parties and is subject to one of the strongest political lobbies in the US.

Nonetheless my point still holds.  Trump’s populist approach has been a further setback.

Or are you suggesting a peace can be brokered where the US is not central to the process?

Archived