Valentines Day

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Facebook has been pleasantly mush free this morning, which is a plus. At around 1am though, a wifey put up a moany post about how she's exhausted after spending the evening writing out and decorating Valentine's cards for her kids to take to school today. Apparently, every kid has to give a card to every other kid in the class, including the boys to boys and girls to girls. All signed so they'll know who it's from.

And the parents are the ones who do this.

Did the world take a sharp turn one day and I just missed it?

12 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

My Facebook has been pleasantly mush free this morning, which is a plus.

Literally moments after I wrote that, some half-wit re-posted the message he sent his wife on Valentine's Day last year. Much romantic.

42 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

My Facebook has been pleasantly mush free this morning, which is a plus. At around 1am though, a wifey put up a moany post about how she's exhausted after spending the evening writing out and decorating Valentine's cards for her kids to take to school today. Apparently, every kid has to give a card to every other kid in the class, including the boys to boys and girls to girls. All signed so they'll know who it's from.

And the parents are the ones who do this.

Did the world take a sharp turn one day and I just missed it?

I assume this is so that the kids who are ugly as sin don't feel left out?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not. I suppose there isn't much about school that prepares you for adult life though.

Bullying, humiliation from those in authority, social exclusion...made me what I am today.

Just now, Shotgun said:

Bullying, humiliation from those in authority, social exclusion...made me what I am today.

Yeah, I totally agree that kids don't need shielding from a lack of valentines cards.  Better to know you're ugly young, allows you to set a low bar which may be pleasantly surpassed once you've grown up.

My wife and I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day as we are amorous with each other all year round.

Good luck getting that image out of your head when you’re trying to having a romantic meal tonight.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My wife and I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day as we are amorous with each other all year round.

TBF you probably had that written in to the contract when you ordered her online had her shipped over. 

• 11 months later...

Archived