Valentines Day

We always go out for Valentine's, but never ON Valentine's for years now - we're doing it next Thursday this year - for the following reasons:

1. Everywhere's always booked solid cos every c**t's trying to do the same thing.

2. A lot of places run crappy Valentine's menus much like they do at Christmas.

3. A lot of times you pay through the nose due to what day it is.

All her idea, I'm pleased to say. I chose well.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH and I went for dinner last night at a Vietnamese restaurant. We don't bother with presents and stuff mainly because we do that year round anyway and so its not a big deal. Saying that I did get him a card this year, but that's only because I saw a really offensive one I knew he'd find funny, we don't normally bother so I'm not expecting one back.

On 2/10/2018 at 13:42, Adam said:

Here’s hoping. My gift arrived today and it is made by some lassie in #Perthshire, so not only am I helping the local economy, I am also assisting a small business. All about the ethics, so I am.

That and getting my hole.

I'd check out the lassie in Perthshire.  Might be worth trading up.

21 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Valentines days is also me and Mrs Romeo's anniversary. Pure romantic me.

We usually just get an anniversary card and make something nice to eat, sometimes she'll even touch my penis.

Marriage is all about sacrifice, and washing up gloves.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Valentines days is also me and Mrs Romeo's anniversary. Pure romantic me.

We usually just get an anniversary card and make something nice to eat, sometimes she'll even touch my penis.

Likewise. 26 glorious years for me tomorrow.

Birthdays are personal. They're about the person rather than the event so not the same at all. I guess you could make a similar argument for Christmas but that's a celebration for families rather than just couples. Valentines Day seems to me too be forced and contrived bollocks. 

I've got to agree.
Valentine's Day has always been less about the wifey, and more about the side bitchees.

17 hours ago, supermik said:

Picked up the first card that I saw like I usually do. Next time I will need to have a proper look. :lol:

C3B3BDC3-9FEC-496E-88DC-EF3A6B1D32CA.jpeg

I once did exactly this...to realise at about 11pm on the 13th of February that the inscription was "Happy Birthday"...and on the front was a picture of a horse running along a beach.

Really not sure what I was thinking.

12 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

I bought her a shitey wee card.

She pulled out this big daft card and a PS4 game. Utter fanny.

I'll cook her some tea tonigth to make up for it, fajita's or something romantic.

Dick in a flour tortilla?

Archived