Valentines Day

Although referring to her as “current squeeze” infers that there may be “future squeeze” - don’t spend too much!

No, I am fairly settled with this yin.

Should add that the card and the present I bought were the exact same things my work colleague bought his girlfriend. I’m hopeless at thoughtful shite.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went there for our team Christmas night out. I got a steak, it was excellent. One of our team ordered his steak blue then sent it back because it was put cooked enough, what a tit. The staff were very courteous to him though, I’d have told him to ram it.

I’ve never been, but heard good things about it. I think I have some discount card for it through my work, so any money off the bill will be most welcome.

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Roses are red violets are blue...

I've got chlamydia 

And now so have you....

Makes a change from your usual:

Roses are red, violets are blue

I've got a knife,

now get in the van....

I have until the 14th of March to contemplate what to get the wife for Valentines (white) day over here.

Only the guys get the Valentines treatment on February the 14th in Japan for some reason.

11 minutes ago, sjc said:

I have until the 14th of March to contemplate what to get the wife for Valentines (white) day over here.

Only the guys get the Valentines treatment on February the 14th in Japan for some reason.

3 pairs of knickers should do it according to this, depending on what she buys you on the 14th. Scam invented by a chocolate company, bit like Mothers and Fathers day over here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Day

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

3 pairs of knickers should do it according to this, depending on what she buys you on the 14th. Scam invented by a chocolate company, bit like Mothers and Fathers day over here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Day

You're assuming she wears any.......

Spoiler

I got her some nice lingerie last year actually.

20 minutes ago, sjc said:

Where's your sense of romance?!

Speaks the voice of someone who has never met me!

Not big on contrived romance, or any of your typical romantic stuff to be honest. I'd rather have a Cadbury Creme Egg than a box of Milk Tray. I buy flowers, chocolate, jewellery and underwear that I like when I want or need it. I can go out for a meal any night of the year. A card sits there for a week then goes in the bin. It's a pointless waste of time and money. 

Archived