Costa Rica Friendly

IainMorton

Maybe they feel having a new manager in place and cheap prices will lead to a big crowd?

Alternatively, jet fuel can't melt steel beams level conspiracy theory: maybe they want a half empty Hampden with a terrible atmosphere to build fan opposition to it and generate more support for Murrayfield?

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Maybe they feel having a new manager in place and cheap prices will lead to a big crowd?

Alternatively, jet fuel can't melt steel beams level conspiracy theory: maybe they want a half empty Hampden with a terrible atmosphere to build fan opposition to it and generate more support for Murrayfield?

It's all a much wackier theory that jet fuel caused a perfectly symmetrical collapse.  Just FYI.

On 10/02/2018 at 16:05, invergowrie arab said:

????

Who are the top 3 players you are looking forward to seeing?

That’s not really how it works. Pretty clear that a team who won a group with Italy, England and Uruguay, and were a penalty shootout away from the semis at the last World Cup, are a decent standard of opposition.

On 2/10/2018 at 16:05, invergowrie arab said:

????

Who are the top 3 players you are looking forward to seeing?

10 minutes ago, an86 said:

That’s not really how it works. Pretty clear that a team who won a group with Italy, England and Uruguay, and were a penalty shootout away from the semis at the last World Cup, are a decent standard of opposition.

Not to mention they're going to this World Cup.  If they're not decent opposition based on that, then what are we?

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yet in their last 3 qualifiers have drew with Mexico and have failed to beat the emerging nations of Honduras (1-1 home)  and Panama (2-1 away). Not including a 5-0  pumping of Spain or the 1-0 defeat by Hungary. :blink:

By our own standards I'd say its probably a decent standard of opposition though. 

Decent game yes but it's hardly gonnae have Hampden bursting at the seams? 

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yet in their last 3 qualifiers have drew with Mexico and have failed to beat the emerging nations of Honduras (1-1 home)  and Panama (2-1 away). Not including a 5-0  pumping of Spain or the 1-0 defeat by Hungary. :blink:

By our own standards I'd say its probably a decent standard of opposition though. 

Not sure that citing results from a successful qualification campaign strengthens the argument. They are a most probably a better side than us and will be a good test. For those reasons alone, they’re a decent opposition.

3 hours ago, an86 said:

Not sure that citing results from a successful qualification campaign strengthens the argument. They are a most probably a better side than us and will be a good test. For those reasons alone, they’re a decent opposition.

A successful qualifying campaign against Mexico Panama usa and Honduras, any 2 from 5 I'd fancy our chances their though? 

Decent opposition?  they're ranked just above us at present I think. 

Like you said earlier a poor turn oot at Hampden awaits. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

A successful qualifying campaign against Mexico Panama usa and Honduras, any 2 from 5 I'd fancy our chances their though? 

Decent opposition?  they're ranked just above us at present I think. 

Like you said earlier a poor turn oot at Hampden awaits. 

I happen to think we’re a decent side as well. You don’t go unbeaten in a competitive calendar year in a group with England, Slovakia and  Slovenia if you’re a mug. We ultimately weren’t good enough to qualify, but we looked like a team on the up. Not claiming that either Scotland or Costa Rica are top class, but both are competent, decent teams

• 2 weeks later...

this game and hungary game are in 4 weeks and theres no tickets on sale yet! Contacted scotland supporters Twitter and they said just keep an eye on the official account for a confirmed date as to when tickets go on sale. Cutting it fine like

Archived