Wasting time/fannying about at work

DA Baracus

8 hours 5 days a week is clearly far too long to work. I'm convinced future generations will look back in astonishment and horror at this deeply shit practice.

For losers like me who work in admin (no qualifications at the moment) it's exceptionally tedious and boring to be sat on your arse for hours on end. I often get drowsy at my desk and have to stop myself falling asleep.

I do my work (I'm never behind on anything) and help out others in the office all the time, but this still leaves me bored to pieces and with time to kill. Stretching out tasks only goes so far.

Therefore I ask you; what do you do to kill time at work? I do the obvious things of taking a wee 3 minute walk every so often and taking a long shit. I try to avoid going online too often at my desk despite wanting to (you have to be a bit of a tit these days to do that given how easily you can be caught). But I need suggestions to kill time whilst I completely waste my life.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the time of year my shifts will vary from 9am-5pm to 7:30am-8:30pm. Irrespective of how long we are in the office, we spend a lot of that time waiting for others to do things so that we can get on with our part of it. Can be a bit of a slog when it is especially quiet. I usually spend my time on here or a few other forums, or just fannying about online reading all sorts of shite. If I was paid by the volume of work rather than hours in the office(Well, I'm salaried but you know what I mean) I'd probably be destitute.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

8 hours 5 days a week is clearly far too long to work. I'm convinced future generations will look back in astonishment and horror at this deeply shit practice.

For losers like me who work in admin (no qualifications at the moment) it's exceptionally tedious and boring to be sat on your arse for hours on end. I often get drowsy at my desk and have to stop myself falling asleep.

I do my work (I'm never behind on anything) and help out others in the office all the time, but this still leaves me bored to pieces and with time to kill. Stretching out tasks only goes so far.

Therefore I ask you; what do you do to kill time at work? I do the obvious things of taking a wee 3 minute walk every so often and taking a long shit. I try to avoid going online too often at my desk despite wanting to (you have to be a bit of a tit these days to do that given how easily you can be caught). But I need suggestions to kill time whilst I completely waste my life.

Read this - 30 seconds killed.

BBC News and BBC Sport are open on my desktop all day and have a browse and a read when I want, same for P&B.

Remember this game lads?

https://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

My company certainly does. It nearly went down the tubes a few years back when I sent the link round to half my colleagues and it was played constantly for about a week. 

I never managed to complete it :(

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I’m currently achieving this by reading this thread. Oh the irony.

Snap.  I don't have much of anything on this week, so I have spent a lot of time online.  Other weeks I rack up flexi because of how long I am in the office, so sort of swings and roundabouts.

In my old job id finish pretty much all my work by lunchtime and to avoid helping those out with the super menial work I'd regularly go get water, inevitably piss twenty times a day due to drinking about ten litres of timewaste water and have a couple of dumps. In my new job spare time doesn't exist.

17 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Remember this game lads?

https://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

My company certainly does. It nearly went down the tubes a few years back when I sent the link round to half my colleagues and it was played constantly for about a week. 

I never managed to complete it :(

Aw I play this on the train home from work. I've missed my stop once because of it, only the once though.

10 hour shifts for me, all spent sitting in front of a computer. Luckily only in 2 days a week due to college.

Normally just shift between P&B, reading youtube comments on the music that I am listening to and looking into bets for the weekend/sitting on skybet spunking my wage on roulette.

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

10 hour shifts for me, all spent sitting in front of a computer. Luckily only in 2 days a week due to college.

Normally just shift between P&B, reading youtube comments on the music that I am listening to and looking into bets for the weekend/sitting on skybet spunking my wage on roulette.

Are you sure you are not wastecoatwilly from the no to colts in league 2 thread. :whistle

3 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

You should try driving trains!

Button pushing sounds straightforward enough but I don't fancy some of the shifts you have to do. Plus I heard the drivers aren't given capes unlike their monorail counterparts

Archived