Montrose v Stenny

Stating the bleeding obvious, but what a sickener. We deserved it take at least a point, but that’s the 2nd time Montrose have done that to us so they are obviously doing something right.

I actually really enjoyed the game. Thought it was a really even contest between two good teams. As ever, Harry Paton was the stand out. His Messi-esque slalom early in the 2nd half was breathtaking. Shame he couldn’t finish it. For the 1st time this season he seemed to be targeted for special attention, with both his “markers” booked.

Our chances of winning the title went today but as long as we keep that level of performance we will be fine for the play offs. I just hope we can, as we don’t have squad depth to make changes when players go off the boil.

Stating the bleeding obvious, but what a sickener. We deserved it take at least a point, but that’s the 2nd time Montrose have done that to us so they are obviously doing something right.

I actually really enjoyed the game. Thought it was a really even contest between two good teams. As ever, Harry Paton was the stand out. His Messi-esque slalom early in the 2nd half was breathtaking. Shame he couldn’t finish it. For the 1st time this season he seemed to be targeted for special attention, with both his “markers” booked.

Our chances of winning the title went today but as long as we keep that level of performance we will be fine for the play offs. I just hope we can, as we don’t have squad depth to make changes when players go off the boil.
Harry Paton looks a class act to be fair to the young guy was very impressed with him today.
Stenny were a good solid unit that we eventually broke down today... Fair play to them for that. Two horse race now and anything can happen,we seem to be grinding out results again without conceding which is pleasing.
Sean Dillion again today was superb he has been a great signing for us and gets better and better each week.

Another stuffy 1-0 win, and very important given the continued wobble Peterheed are suffering. Tough one for Stenny to take, could have easily got the points themselves, very imposing for large parts of the game, short only of a killer finisher/break of the ball. 

Still top, somehow. Hard to call the title race now - five games in the space of a fortnight is bound to tire PH a bit even if they stack up plenty points, but there aren't really any easy games in the division at the moment so every Saturday is a potential slip for either side. Just feels nice to be in it, tbh.

Thought Stenny were very good today. Other than when Peterhead hammered us at new year they were the best team I’ve seen at LP. Your only failing is the lack of a clinical striker. Paton is a class act.. hopefully he progresses. Once again we ground it out .. the sign of a good side. That’s the three nearest challengers beaten in the last 3 weeks. We must be doing something right. Last word .. the Seagull saved us today. He gives me the fear every time there’s a high ball into the box .. but he always comes up with some amazing stops.

I hope Montrose go on and win the league instead of the money gang from up north. Montrose fans have watched some utter shite over recent years so would he nice for them to get some success.

Sounds like we were unlucky yesterday and Paton was again  a class above. We should really get the play offs with relative ease if we don't it's a massive failure there's no other way of dressing it up.

Very good game yesterday, 2 good sides with different styles, I feel if stenhousemuir manage to get the first goal they would have went on to score a couple more, But credit to Montrose they had a very effective game plan and manage to get that all important win against in my opinion one of the best sides in the league but i suppose thats why they are top and agree playoffs should be the main aim for stenny... Good luck to montrose i have a feeling this might be your season. Enjoyable day, Next for Montrose another difficult game at Elgin getting very interesting now.

Both keepers had some good saves throughout the match.  It would be great to wiping the floor against teams 4/5/6 - 0 however points on the board is the most important thing and in seasons gone by we’ve outplayed teams and lost so the ability to win ugly is certainly something SP has instilled.

Dillon has been solid all season, however I think having Bolo back in the line up has made a difference the last 5/6 weeks.  Young Matty is learning and improving all the time and yes a special mention to Flem, he has gone from being vilified by the supporters to genuinely hero worshiped with 14 clean sheets this season.

Archived