Alloa V Forfar

Credit to the team for grinding out the result. Not the prettiest game of football to watch but we got the job done.

I thought we were needing Renton on in the closing stages to try and rough them up a bit. I was also impressed by the number 4 at the back for Forfar. I would take him in the summer beside big Andy.

Personally though Flanny had a poor game. Felt he should have been taken off rather than kev. Flanny was continually taken wrong options and trying to beat one player too many. It’s maybe time to rest Flanny for a game or two. Jim’s subs were also a bit to late in game to give the players any chance to affect the game. PJ was screaming for the ball wide and for some reason we kept going direct in last 15 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Personally though Flanny had a poor game. Felt he should have been taken off rather than kev. Flanny was continually taken wrong options and trying to beat one player too many. It’s maybe time to rest Flanny for a game or two. Jim’s subs were also a bit to late in game to give the players any chance to affect the game. PJ was screaming for the ball wide and for some reason we kept going direct in last 15 minutes.

yep i agree Flanny's been off the boil and needs to sit on the bench not as sharp as he could be , and i thought renton deserved to get in among the forfar defence last twenty minutes 

Cawley was more of a threat to the forfar defence ...Just..

I'm expecting the manager to mix it up a bit with his lineup- we've got a really busy run of fixtures with the 2 rearranged games in midweek. Half a dozen games now which will really shape the outcome of the season.

Expecting Crossan to start up at Arbroath- he ran them ragged last time we went up there. Can see him and Smith getting more game time to get all of our attacking options sharp and effective.

I'm expecting the manager to mix it up a bit with his lineup- we've got a really busy run of fixtures with the 2 rearranged games in midweek. Half a dozen games now which will really shape the outcome of the season.
Expecting Crossan to start up at Arbroath- he ran them ragged last time we went up there. Can see him and Smith getting more game time to get all of our attacking options sharp and effective.

That makes sense. The front four is the obvious place to make changes.

Archived