Freemasons “discriminated against”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought about joining, my old man and uncles are masons although I don’t think they ever go anymore.

I don’t believe in a superior being but was willing to pretend I did. One of my mate is a mason and wanted me to join and curiosity made it slightly appealing

I went to a function though and my impression was that it was a very heirarchical and the ones at the top enjoyed the status amongst the others at the bottom just a bit too much. Some of the newer members appeared a bit too keen for acceptance with more established members.

I seen a few folk who had obviously acquired high status amongst their Masonic peer group and revelled in it, where as in real life they’d probably have been nobodies. I wouldn’t be sooking up some twats arse to just because he held some title in a club.

It was also quite a traditional, old school, sexist type male environment. They’re characteristics of mine that don’t need any further reinforcing so I’d rather avoid such a club.

Not for me but each to their own.

On 17/02/2018 at 02:18, Shotgun said:

I honestly didn't realise you could have one without the other and I'm not really sure how that works.

I have a friend who believes that the physics of the Universe is too well designed to be just by luck, so he believes something created it. He also thinks that any organised religion in the world is made up bullshit. There's probably quite a few who believe there is something but don't believe the stories religious groups put across.

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

28056713_10156326903604736_6983480802450

:lol:

Not weirdos at all.

On 14/02/2018 at 12:59, DA Baracus said:

Hitler was a Mason IMO

If he was he technically would have been risking expulsion from the Nazi Party and excommunication

Along with Judaism and Bolshevism it was seen as one of the threats encircling the globe

49819.jpg

Which seems a bit odd to modern  British readers who tend to view Fremasons as a conservative, right-leaning establishment group and not natural bedfellows of the Bolsheviks

but that's, in part, because we're in protestant northern Europe. 

Given that popes have banned them since 1738  freemasons in the Catholic south have been by definition rebellious and questioning of the establishment. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers, finding it interesting but Feels like I'm watching a mockumentary at times.
If they weren't all so mind numbingly dull and self important it could be...the fact that the most exciting thing they seem to do is some weird Bells palsy style hand clapping ritual after sinking Tennents and Irn Bru at lunch is hardly earth shattering stuff. And there are masons in the police? Who knew?

Archived