Freemasons “discriminated against”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's all masons do then? Hang out with other masons and do good for the local community? Why do they need a secret club (which you need to believe in God for) to do such things? Couldn't they just, you know, join a local charity?

If it's not a secret why can't they tell people they're a mason?  If it's not a secret why do they have a handshake that yer main man isn't able to show people? If it's not a secret why do they hold meetings for members only? If it's not a secret why is there so much rumour and assumption about what goes on at masonic lodges?

Doing things for charity isn't a bad thing, it's a commendable thing. Having a secret club which you tell people isn't a secret whilst keeping things secret from them is not a commendable thing, it's embarrassing.

1) "That's all masons do, then?".  No, I heard that some of them actually mix with the norms.  And they don't even have the decency to wear their aprons so we can single them out when they do it.  Some of them even try to marry our daughters, the b*****ds.

2) They tried to hold open meetings, but the goats kept running away, and chasing them really cut into the available time for marring our daughters, so they switched to holding closed meetings

3) They can tell anyone that they're a mason, but then they'd have to kill you.  Or at least try to marry your daughter

4) Ah, the handshake.  That's actually a very secret way to identify other masons who are also mingling with the norms, so they don't accidentally try to marry the wrong daughter.  You can tell its a super-duper top secret by the way every f*cker knows about it.

5) Clearly, they cant hold meetings for non-members, because, umm, they're not members.  And if non-members can join in the meetings and access all the pies and daughters, what is the point of being a member?  So why have a club?  And how would they know whose daughters to marry?

6) Why is there so much rumour and assumption about what goes on in masonic lodges?  Clearly because the norms are extremely jealous of the masons marrying all the fit daughters, and start mumbling and griping about how they masons are running off with all the top talent.

Glad we've got that all cleared up.   Source:  its all on the internet.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Have I said I was?

Swing and miss , champ.

You seem intrigued so to let you go on yer jollys I will let you down and tell you I am not a mason.

Have a good day .

( unsure why I've reacted but their we have it)

You're fooling absolutely nobody, champ. Mostly because you're far too thick to set up any sort of successful deception. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why do they need to join a local charity? What are they doing that's so wrong?

And who says they can't say they are a mason ?

If you ask one do you think they would lie about it ?

Don't clubs have some meetings for members only ?

And the bit regarding god is wrong also. Not for everyone certainly.

What's the assumption and rumours about what goes on in them? That all of them need to believe in God and it's men only and they don't say where they go or talk about and they do charity work and people in the masons can get you a job and they are connected with the orange lodges ?

I've no doubt forgot more but is this what is what you think ?

You're assuming or guessing.

The last paragraph you say is embarrassing, to whom?

4 minutes ago, Helpma said:

1) "That's all masons do, then?".  No, I heard that some of them actually mix with the norms.  And they don't even have the decency to wear their aprons so we can single them out when they do it.  Some of them even try to marry our daughters, the b*****ds.

2) They tried to hold open meetings, but the goats kept running away, and chasing them really cut into the available time for marring our daughters, so they switched to holding closed meetings

3) They can tell anyone that they're a mason, but then they'd have to kill you.  Or at least try to marry your daughter

4) Ah, the handshake.  That's actually a very secret way to identify other masons who are also mingling with the norms, so they don't accidentally try to marry the wrong daughter.  You can tell its a super-duper top secret by the way every f*cker knows about it.

5) Clearly, they cant hold meetings for non-members, because, umm, they're not members.  And if non-members can join in the meetings and access all the pies and daughters, what is the point of being a member?  So why have a club?  And how would they know whose daughters to marry?

6) Why is there so much rumour and assumption about what goes on in masonic lodges?  Clearly because the norms are extremely jealous of the masons marrying all the fit daughters, and start mumbling and griping about how they masons are running off with all the top talent.

Glad we've got that all cleared up.   Source:  its all on the internet.

The masons are taking criticism well here. The first carrying out the classic "answer question with a question" tactic to avoid actually addressing any of the points made and the second using the possibly even older tactic of exaggerated sarcasm to avoid actually addressing the points made.  You'll note that the language both of these posters use is careful so that they don't say "we" when talking about masons.  Of course, they've both never said they were or were not masons so if anyone was to make that assumption, on their head be it. As VT says, fooling absolutely no one.

Helpma does make a good point about half way through his point 5 though, why have a club? It honestly seems like the most pointless club ever to have existed aside if what you all say is correct about the masons. Utterly pointless.

My Masonic friends, I use “friends”in the loosest possible terms, are complete social inadequates, not high powered judges, solicitors, business high-flyers, top coppers, councillors, MPs, MSPs, they are just guys that are so shite at darts, they had to join the masons to get a game in the pub league. None of them believe in any god and really appreciate the early opening time of the lodge bar on a Sunday morning.
Good c***s IMO.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The masons are taking criticism well here. The first carrying out the classic "answer question with a question" tactic to avoid actually addressing any of the points made and the second using the possibly even older tactic of exaggerated sarcasm to avoid actually addressing the points made.  You'll note that the language both of these posters use is careful so that they don't say "we" when talking about masons.  Of course, they've both never said they were or were not masons so if anyone was to make that assumption, on their head be it. As VT says, fooling absolutely no one.

Helpma does make a good point about half way through his point 5 though, why have a club? It honestly seems like the most pointless club ever to have existed aside if what you all say is correct about the masons. Utterly pointless.

Well, it makes a nice change from your classic ad hominem approach, don't you think?  OK,  I'll be direct.  I don't think I've heard a more inane argument in my time here that "Why does a membership organisation hold meetings for members only".  Seriously?

^^^^^

Clearly rattled (there, saved you the time).  Got to go, my skins shedding :rolleyes:

Just now, Helpma said:

Well, it makes a nice change from your classic ad hominem approach, don't you think?  OK,  I'll be direct.  I don't think I've heard a more inane argument in my time here that "Why does a membership organisation hold meetings for members only".  Seriously?

^^^^^

Clearly rattled (there, saved you the time).  Got to go, my skins shedding :rolleyes:

I appreciate my wording isn't great there, I'll clarify.  The Sons Supporters Trust are a members only group. They hold annual meetings and yes, just like the masons you need to be a member to get in. The difference here is that the Sons Trust will advertise said meeting not just for members but for non-members, they'll even say if people want to come down and join the Trust on the night they can do so and gain entry to the meeting. This is what an open group looks like and how an open group operates.

Now, you pointed me towards the internet with your previous post so I've taken your advice. It seems if I want to attend a masons meeting I can't just show up, pay my membership fees and stroll into the meeting, I need to join the masons through what appears to be a long and potentially unsuccessful application process. If I want to join the masons it tells me I should ask someone I know (you'll appreciate that might be difficult what with masons not being big on shouting "I'M A MASON" from the rooftops) or I can speak directly with my local lodge.  Great, I'll go there and apply. Now the lodge has my application, but something on it (f**k knows what) means they reject me or (as one guy on myfreemasonry.com has said) "blackball" me then I can't join. Again I've had a wee look at what potential reasons someone could be rejected for, below is what one man has said which gained many "likes" or "up-votes":

"Typically a petition will ask several questions which need to be answered correctly in order to be accepted such as those pertaining to a faith in deity, maims, defects, sanity, and proper age"

Another guy adds that a reason for rejection may be homelessness. Can I ask why this club, which you and G-Man argue anyone can join, has such a strict application process, and why must the applicant have a home?  For an organisation that claims to be charitable I'm not sure rejecting the homeless is the best way to prove your point. As I keep scrolling down there seems to be more and more reasons being put forward. I'm not sure this is accurate, is there a definitive list of things which will get you rejected anywhere on the internet that I could check out? I mean, the main website of your English counterparts says anyone over the age of 21 can apply, but it doesn't say anyone over the age of 21 is welcome, surely they have a list somewhere which would prevent applicants from wasting their time going through the process?

Clearly the masons don't operate like every other membership organisation.  It's much more secretive and that is clearly why it draws criticism and accusations of sinister goings on.  

19 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

It's not just guys these days who are masons. Women also go to certain ones that i know of certainly. Times are changing regarding it being an all man club.
Handshakes also don't happen in everyone also.
Initiation ceremonies do happen but again can be different.

It's just a club with different people who hang out and the ones I know do good by raising money for good causes.

It's not really that secret either, they just don't go about saying "hey there I'm a mason"

Yeh regarding these losers who don't have nothing better to do in their life, you could be spot on. But doing things for good causes can't be a bad thing surely?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why do they need to join a local charity? What are they doing that's so wrong?

And who says they can't say they are a mason ?

If you ask one do you think they would lie about it ?

Don't clubs have some meetings for members only ?

And the bit regarding god is wrong also. Not for everyone certainly.

What's the assumption and rumours about what goes on in them? That all of them need to believe in God and it's men only and they don't say where they go or talk about and they do charity work and people in the masons can get you a job and they are connected with the orange lodges ?

I've no doubt forgot more but is this what is what you think ?

You're assuming or guessing.

The last paragraph you say is embarrassing, to whom?

59 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm genuinely not. However if you can get me in one can you start a crowd fund for me. I know it's worked here before .

I feel I've let you down now .

Bunch of weirdos the lot of them

sutherland.gif

I decided to take a shufti at the website for the Grand Lodge of Colorado. The entrance qualifiers are listed as:

A male
Older than 18 years
Belief in a Supreme Being
Good moral character

So I'm disqualified on 1, arguably 2 of those counts.

Anyway, moving on I also came across this...

"Freemasonry is not a religion, and it has no religious dogma that it forces its members to accept. Masons must simply believe in the existence of a Supreme Being, whatever they conceive that deity to be."

So while they don't force you to accept accept religious dogma, you must accept religious dogma. It seems the qualifier is that it isn't any specific religious dogma, which seems somewhat semantic to me but hey ho.  Other than that; you have to undergo a background check, which you pay for and assuming you're clear there, you can then submit an application for membership. And as far as I can see; that's it.

I took a look at the .pdf links they had to a couple of pamphlets and it would appear the only groups they exclude are women and atheists. Given that they take pains to downplay the religious aspects, and emphasise that 'all' religions are welcome; I'm not clear why they have such a bug up their arses about not allowing atheists to join in any of their reindeer games. It can't be the swearing-on-the-bible idea which was mentioned earlier, unless each lodge owns a copy of a sacred text for every known religion.

Which brings me back to the question - if the Masons are a non-religious organisation, why specifically exclude non-religious people? Unless they're attempting to claim that religious people are morally superior to non-religious people, which is patently false, I'm not sure why they would care. It's all about the charity, right? 

Perhaps one of the (ahem) non-Masons who seem to know a lot about the Masons can enlighten me? 

A little more digging and I came across this on a website called masonicinfo.com.

"There is a volume of the sacred law open during every Masonic lodge meeting. This is often the Holy Bible but in some countries might include several Holy Books. When a person takes their obligations, they do so on the Holy Book. They conclude their obligation with the words "So help me God".... Lodge meetings are opened and closed with a prayer. Grace is always said before any (and every) meal taken by the lodge. Each lodge has a Chaplain and each Grand Lodge has one or more Grand Chaplains. Words of prayer are said at the wake or funeral of a deceased Brother Mason. When a lodge is consecrated, prayers are said. Even meetings of Masons which are not specifically lodge meetings (a scholarship committee, for example) will often begin with a few words of prayer, so ingrained is the obligation that we know a creation owes to his Creator."

That's not exactly how I would interpret the phrase "No religious dogma that it forces its members to accept" but that's just me.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I know a lot about certain ones in Dundee so I know their is a difference between a few
And I didn't say we're or were not weirdos.

Some are , some are not.

Yet quite a few of them I know who are masons are catholics and Dundee United fans. That can't be right ?

I just don't see what's so wrong with them ? Apart from being "weirdos ".

Far worse people out there.

If the head honcho of Barr is a mason I may change my stance on them

^^^^ Weirdo.

Archived