Freemasons “discriminated against”

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Sounds fucking hellish. Like a golf club for those that like hanging with other men to avoid their wives whilst dressing badly but don't want to have to play golf to do so. 

My experience of the Masons is admittedly pretty much entirely anecdotal and comes largely from people who don't like them. I haven't read any of the books but I have poked around on-line a bit. That's given me the impression that it's nothing more than a bunch of wee men who haven't grown out of the treehouse club mentality. "You cannae be in oor gang." sort of thing. Obviously, I could be way off the mark but the people I've met who I know to be Masons have done little to suggest that I am. 

3 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

In freemason lodges the discussion of religion and politics is forbidden and would result in a freemason being banned. 

They are a charitable organisation that admits men of any religion, colour or creed. 

These two statements suggests that the details of a member's religious beliefs aren't high on their priority list. Do you know then, why they specifically exclude men who do not subscribe to a religion? Not just atheists but anyone agnostic on the topic is forbidden from joining. They make a point of insisting that you HAVE to believe in a Supreme Being. This doesn't seem to gel with the tolerance and openness outlined in your comments.

Question, not argument. 

Jesus, even the moderation team at your favourite football forum is stuffed full of masons  :mellow:

f**k it; I'm going to give it a shot. I'm sure they'll accept the Flying Spaghetti Monster as my deity of choice.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

My view that Masons are fuckwits is reinforced by the sort of folk on here supporting and defending them.

“Supreme being”.  :lol:

I thought it was "The Architect". Quite cool.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I thought they were weirdos ?
Defending them ? What do they do so wrong , according to your research ?

There is a strong positive correlation between fuckwits and weirdos.  I would draw you a Venn diagram to illustrate this but I can’t be arsed.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

And here was me thinking you would ignore anything else on this subject.

Now don't offer me a square go because you can't keep you're own promise.

If I had made the statement not to respond to you with my trouser leg rolled up whilst washing my hands in goats blood I would, of course, have been bound by it.

Fortunately I wasn’t.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The idea of a group of people all helping each other get promotions etc above better qualified people because they do a funny handshake is utterly embarrassing, and I’d be ashamed to have progressed based on membership rather than ability. 

^^^^Never been promoted at work, type post

Archived