2018 Winter Olympics

The Naitch

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looked like two or three of them could have been penalised to my untrained eye but most of the time it's all been her own fault for not getting to the front quick enough or trying to go through gaps that aren't there.

It seems like she had to take unnecessary risks because she didn't have the pace to go round as she usually would, due to the injury.

Not sure if she should have been penalised but it would have been much better had she been able to stay the f**k away from the other skaters to leave virtually no chance of a DQ or getting knocked over.

14 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The idea that she is somehow unlucky is ridiculous. 

All her events have come down to her making a mistake- even the injury came from being wiped out by someone she had pushed. 

The Tom McKean analogy someone used earlier was pretty accurate, although if his elbows had been as sharp as Christie’s, he might have won more at the top level!

Did anyone read about the American who represented Hungary in the half-pipe(?) and basically doesn’t know how to do anything so just went from side to side.

Does make the qualifying process a bit of a farce as she has just played the system. Surely the other Olympians from that country would be having a word?

Did anyone read about the American who represented Hungary in the half-pipe(?) and basically doesn’t know how to do anything so just went from side to side.

Does make the qualifying process a bit of a farce as she has just played the system. Surely the other Olympians from that country would be having a word?

The more shit athletes the better, as far as I'm concerned. Genuinely the only ski jumper I know the name of is Eddie the Eagle Edwards. Would love to see a bunch of chancers pissing about building snowmen while they are supposed to be competing in the biathlon, or hear people screaming and swearing in terror all the way down the luge track.

Archived