Steven caulker

If he can prove he's better that what is there currently; then I'd have no issues with him representing Scotland having previously turned down the opportunity of a call up.

I don't know how he has done at Dundee so far. On previous, his career in England suggests he should at least be monitored for the international team.

If Steven Caulker got himself back up to a performance level that was sufficient to be considered for a call up then i would not have issues with it.

There have been many players over the years that have been born in other countries, represented them in friendly games, but then later on switched to another country as they are still eligable tp play for them.

As a country we can ill afford to cut of our nose to spite the face. Any and all players that can play for us should be considered, regardless of where they come from or who they have previously represented in non competitive matches.

I've only seen the highlights from that St Johnstone game but he couldn't have looked further off the pace if he tried.  He was all over the place and does not look fit, hardly surprising given his time out of the game.  If he gets fit and starts playing well he perhaps can be considered, right now he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

If Steven Caulker got himself back up to a performance level that was sufficient to be considered for a call up then i would not have issues with it.

There have been many players over the years that have been born in other countries, represented them in friendly games, but then later on switched to another country as they are still eligable tp play for them.

As a country we can ill afford to cut of our nose to spite the face. Any and all players that can play for us should be considered, regardless of where they come from or who they have previously represented in non competitive matches.

Might as well cease International football then if players can just choose for whom they play.

Might as well cease International football then if players can just choose for whom they play.
Yeah. Thats what i ment.

Even though i never said players can choose any nation they want to play for.

Under current FIFA rules he eligible. End of argument.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2018 at 11:23, The Moonster said:

I've only seen the highlights from that St Johnstone game but he couldn't have looked further off the pace if he tried.  He was all over the place and does not look fit, hardly surprising given his time out of the game.  If he gets fit and z playing well he perhaps can be considered, right now he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Great knowledge champ

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I see his big move to Fenerbahce saw him play exactly 0 games before being loaned out to some bunch of jobbers.

Aye he struggled to fit in to one of the best teams in Turkey. Hopefully he gets back to first team games. Last team he was at he did well.....

However aye into the sea he goes. Glad your happy bud as this one seem to get to you...

• 2 weeks later...

The tone of that article is weird, making out it's some big loss because Fenerbahce signed him, even though he ended up immediately getting papped on loan without playing. I definitely wouldn't be saying he's "Scotland's loss" in any way.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The tone of that article is weird, making out it's some big loss because Fenerbahce signed him, even though he ended up immediately getting papped on loan without playing. I definitely wouldn't be saying he's "Scotland's loss" in any way.

It's also completely disingenuous to we're being "forced" to play a midfielder in defence without him. Everyone knows it's a tactical decision to have McTominay there rather than an out-and-out defender. We had one who captains an English Premier League team on the bench for a start.