Best thing that’s happened in your life?

Best thing that happened to me was my daughter being born. However that is in retrospect. It wasn’t the happiest day of my life knowing that I’d need to grow up fast and I was tied to some 18 year old lassie I’d been sleeping with occasional for the rest of my life.

Most elated moment in my life would be Airdrie coming back to beat Dunfermline in the cop 4-3 at east wand park around 2005. Was class or maybe getting to the cup final in 1992.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Best thing that happened to me was my daughter being born. However that is in retrospect. It wasn’t the happiest day of my life knowing that I’d need to grow up fast and I was tied to some 18 year old lassie I’d been sleeping with occasional for the rest of my life.

Most elated moment in my life would be Airdrie coming back to beat Dunfermline in the cop 4-3 at east wand park around 2005. Was class or maybe getting to the cup final in 1992.

Surely any of the old Rangers’ titles or cup wins would rank above that?

About 9 or 10 years back I thought I was ready for the knackers yard. Felt a bit rough in March and by September I was looking over the life and critical illness policies etc.

TL/DR version.. eventually got the right drugs, injections etc and it gave me a new lease of life; better than ever.  So grateful to the doc who diagnosed me. Get wee reminders of the illness now and again but generally feel indestructible thanks to toxic drugs and steroid injections. 

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

About 9 or 10 years back I thought I was ready for the knackers yard. Felt a bit rough in March and by September I was looking over the life and critical illness policies etc.

TL/DR version.. eventually got the right drugs, injections etc and it gave me a new lease of life; better than ever.  So grateful to the doc who diagnosed me. Get wee reminders of the illness now and again but generally feel indestructible thanks to toxic drugs and steroid injections. 

Here’s me thinking it would have been when you bought a pair of suede shoes!

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Here’s me thinking it would have been when you bought a pair of suede shoes!

It was a close thing between that and a pair of blue suede driving shoes. Shed a tear the day they eventually went in the bucket.

Guest Moomintroll
Seeing Pulp live at T in the Park.
If i was to do a top 20 then seeing *insertname* at T in the Park would fill the majority of it.

If i was to do a top 20 then seeing *insertname* at T in the Park would fill the majority of it.

I feel the same although the question “best thing to happen to you in life” implies it was something that you had no control over.

Guest Moomintroll

I feel the same although the question “best thing to happen to you in life” implies it was something that you had no control over.
In that case would have to come over all soppy and say my wedding day, believe me I had absolutely no control over that.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Well that would be seeing Frightened Rabbit at T in the Park the year before, then.

Football - Obviously as a Dundee fan there's not a lot to choose from. However I'd go for my first Dundee derby  in November 1987. We were crammed into the top corner of the enclosure where the George Fox stand is now. Tommy Coyne scored after 2mins in what turned out to be a brilliant 3-1 away win. Both sides missed a load of chances, and Bobby Geddes pulled off at least three absolutely world class saves, before Coyne and Wright scored midway through the second half. Brilliant atmosphere and absolute bedlam on a steep as f**k bit of terracing. 

Family - Not married and no kids so nothing really stands out, though a few years back I somehow managed to spend several months pumping a seriously tidy bird who was an absolute country mile out of my league, and utter filth to boot. A glorious period of my life.

Other Shite - After a few years of generally getting wasted every weekend and shagging munters, I somehow ended up getting into hillwalking and outdoorsy pish. The absolute highlight was a trip to Skye last March. Saw a decent forecast and got up at 5am one morning to drive across to Skye, and climbed up a wee hill called Sgurr na Stri, pitched a tent at the summit and spent 20 absolutely solitary hours up there with no sound other than a distant waterfall on the Cuillin ridge. I'd hoped to get a decent photo of the morning sun hitting the ridge which from my spot perfectly frames Loch Coruisk. The whole thing went exactly as planned and i doubt I'll ever surpass it in terms of views, photos or outdoor experiences. Fucking amazing. 

32853289124_96c4522f7b_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Meeting Jim Kerr & Charlie Burchill of Simple Minds last Friday tops the birth of my children to be honest.

Meeting total strangers who you recognised off the telly and radio etc?

Archived