Best thing that’s happened in your life?

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Weird one this but my dad walking out when I was 13 changed my life in so many ways.

I only stayed at his on weekends and have two wee sisters via his second wife but he told me he was going away for a few months and didn’t tell anyone bar me this was on the Sunday before I went home and then next Friday his second wife comes home from work and he is gone.

My mum decided to take me down to Blackpool to get my mind off things and when I got to the hotel I wanted to play pool but someone was already on the only table in the hotel. I put my £0.50 on the table and waited on this boy and dad finishing their game, my mum came down from the room and got talking to them and they were from Falkirk and were down for the week like us so spent lots of time with the other boy who was 12 and when we got back to Cumbernauld my mum and my now step dad got to dating and a year later we moved into his flat in Falkirk and my life changed forever.

went to college met new pals etc, after a few years my pal introduced me to a girl but she wasn’t for me but she said my friend may be for you and nearly 7 years later we’ve moved in together, moved around a lot, had a gorgeous daughter, got engaged and now married.

Cheers da ya Kent.

Do you know where your old man went? Was he just running away from his responsibilities or did he perhaps have mental health issues? Fair play to you for getting on with your life and thriving by the sounds of it :) 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, sjc said:

Do you know where your old man went? Was he just running away from his responsibilities or did he perhaps have mental health issues? Fair play to you for getting on with your life and thriving by the sounds of it :) 

He went down to Yorkshire I’ve met him twice since he left, both in 2013 me and my girlfriend went down on the train for the weekend but then no contact after that at all.

running away from responsibilities imo as he would often change jobs and not pay CSA for the 3 of us. 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:32, Blootoon87 said:

Being at Hampden when Griffiths second free kick against England went in. Life probably peaked then.

Aye, had we hung on that would have been one of the best moments of my life for sure. Place was bedlam.

I've no kids and recently broke up with my missus so no gushy stuff from me either haha

I'd say Killie winning the league cup in a dying minutes against Celtic was a particular highlight. Went on a 4 day bender after it and made work eventually on the Thursday.

Being in Paris in 2007 to see Scotland beat France is right up there too.

Being at Heaton Park for The Stone Roses first night of their homecoming was pretty special, as was being at their last ever gig at Hampden. Another gig that i'll never forgot is Kasabian a few years back at the Grand Hall in Killie a fortnight before the headlined Glasto. Tickets were beyond being like Golddust.

One of the wildest gigs I've ever been to!

Predictably it has to be my 2 daughters. Not the day they were born though. I dont think you really feel it properly until they are like a year old. When people go on about the love they feel for a newborn, it doesnt compare in the slightest to when your bairn cuddles you and tells you she loves you. Thats just fucking mental and never ever gets old.

Other than that though I dont know if I can pinpoint one event that stand above all others.

Predictably it has to be my 2 daughters. Not the day they were born though. I dont think you really feel it properly until they are like a year old. When people go on about the love they feel for a newborn, it doesnt compare in the slightest to when your bairn cuddles you and tells you she loves you. Thats just fucking mental and never ever gets old.

Other than that though I dont know if I can pinpoint one event that stand above all others.

Next time I see my dad I’m going to cuddle him and tell him I love him. Let’s see if it does get old.

7 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Jesus, he’s got kids.

I prefer banana, but thank you.

Spectacularly beautiful so they are, thanks to the tall & handsome + Vergara-like genetic mix :)

9 hours ago, throbber said:

How don’t you know f**k all before you have a child?

Because having a kid gives the proper framing, context, utility, reason of what you already know up until that point.

And being a parent itself teaches you so much about yourself, your parents, society and the world. It's like the most important, primal, base programming in yourself is unlocked and revealed to you for the first time.

8 minutes ago, banana said:

Because having a kid gives the proper framing, context, utility, reason of what you already know up until that point.

And being a parent itself teaches you so much about yourself, your parents, society and the world. It's like the most important, primal, base programming in yourself is unlocked and revealed to you for the first time.

I don't know that I'd be quite so condescending about it, but I more or less agree with you. Though I'd simply call it perspective. It gives an incredible amount of perspective into things that you already know, interpersonal relationships, history etc. Not that it changes how you see the outcome of the Battle of the Bulge, not that kind of history. It also opens up loads of new information that you hadn't previously realised you'd need to know or ever considered. New parents are basically knowledge sponges, mirroring their kids' development as they too soak up new data and learn.

For me it would have to be the girl who touched my arm at the Full Moon Party, Koh Phangan 2006 in Thailand...and asked me my name. I won’t tell you what happened next.

How long until you discovered she had a penis?

1 hour ago, banana said:

Archived