Best Beer Garden in Scotland

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I can't do much Better sadly. I was stood out there in December on my birthday, sun was shining, don't think life gets better really. (Then the sun went behind the big hill over the bay, temp dropped by about 10 degrees instantly and I fled indoors!)

Image_02.12.2015_12.27.10_1731.jpeg

At least the beer is in focus. It's a constant battle you either freeze your balls off or get eaten alive by midges if it's the summer. 

Good beer gardens are currently lacking in the Clyde Riviera, particularly as the main area for pubs - Gourock - faces north and the main buildings don't have a back garden area. The Spinnaker Hotel has cracking views but its beer garden barely holds twenty people and so fills up ridiculously early. 
ausblick-ufer-gegenuber.jpg
38907790.jpg
If the planning application to open a beer garden tier on top of Cafe Continental pub in Gourock comes to pass then it'd be a definite contender. 

Spinnaker is nice. Was there before a Morton game. Would stay in gourock it's nice. Just a shame about port Glasgow.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 18:02, welshbairn said:

And the other end of the loch. Used to be great food too until some locals bought it off the Turkish family who were running it. Shite the last time I was there.

wed4.thumb.JPG.cd98eef91b5d1065409a73b46c237103.JPG

Could only be in Scotland that, not the view or the pint, it's the food that gives it away. Carbohydrate in carbohydrate sauce with a side of deep fried carbohydrate.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Could only be in Scotland that, not the view or the pint, it's the food that gives it away. Carbohydrate in carbohydrate sauce with a side of deep fried carbohydrate.

Probably the only veggie option.

On 07/02/2018 at 18:30, tongue_tied_danny said:

Laings is now called The Boozy Cow.

Which is annoying because it is by far the best beer garden in Dundee. In the middle of summer there's a bench near the back that holds onto a bit of sun almost until sunset. 

But it's just now the same now it's no longer Laings. 

7 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Badachro Inn, 4 miles from Gairloch (you can see the Gairloch metropolis in the distance). Local ales, magic seafood and a foxy, tall Irish barmaid as of last September. Not the best picture I could find but well worth the effort to get there.

Badachro Inn.jpg

She's not even in it.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ViktorVic said:

My choice would be Encore in Inverness. It's probably the best-looking one I remember from my time in Scotland. Well, I mostly remember the people there, not the places.

The best looking beer garden? It's a smoking area looking onto the main road and job centre. Fucking hell. 

Just now, Rugster said:

The best looking beer garden? It's a smoking area looking onto the main road and job centre. Fucking hell. 

The wood burner gives off about the heat of a candle too.

• 1 month later...
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:10, Billy Jean King said:

My main concern with that photo is the peas-who in their right mind puts peas in mac cheese?

Archived