Best Beer Garden in Scotland

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

That was the last ‘beer garden’, or rather external space with tables and chairs, where I was drinking. I like the Grassmarket on occasion for a drink after work.

A54CF42A-3698-49F7-B4B3-39E16323E995.jpeg

Hardly drank inside pubs in the grassmarket even when I lived there but it's always good outside on a sunny day. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He's got the Phoenix leased out now and is desperately trying to get out of the licensed trade. I believe he's now bought a B&B in Inverness.

The Castle Tavern has improved immeasurably since he sold it last year.

Check out their Trip Advisor reviews :

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186543-d2170722-Reviews-The_Castle_Tavern-Inverness_Scottish_Highlands_Scotland.html

You think Number 27 is one of the best restaurants in Inverness so I'm comfortable disagreeing with you on this one. 

56 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You think Number 27 is one of the best restaurants in Inverness so I'm comfortable disagreeing with you on this one. 

Number 27 is one of the best restaurants in Inverness - very good value, with  seriously good food.  Again check out the TA reviews. 

Castle Tavern is a great pub which offers above average pub grub - great for a night out and the beer garden with TV screen is good too.

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

That was the last ‘beer garden’, or rather external space with tables and chairs, where I was drinking. I like the Grassmarket on occasion for a drink after work.

A54CF42A-3698-49F7-B4B3-39E16323E995.jpeg

I genuinely hate that pub. Everytime I've been in it I've wanted to leave after 5 minutes, no idea why.

Anyway, if I was going beer gardens in Edinburgh my top 5 would be 

Salisbury Arms

5a7c241415ed7_ScreenShot2018-02-08at10_18_41.png.1d5ce6d0a4f93c253138d2497ee0394a.png

Teuchters Landing

Image result for teuchters landing beer garden

The Outhouse

Image result for the outhouse beer garden

The Cumberland Bar

Image result for the cumberland beer garden

The Blackbird

Image result for the blackbird edinburgh beer garden

Not many in Stirling 

41.jpg.7dfefd2d7451528de132ae8529abf3c7.jpg

images-1.jpg.375a1bb27fcace58b7f4168a095731e2.jpg

Kikted kangaroo. City centre, struggle to get a seat when the sun is out, great sun trap but it's the first port of call for everyone it seems as soon as it' a nice day. Find myself in here more often than not when out for a drink and they do great food as well.

acf35785d99f4197b83fdfc1ff30da85_f437.jpg.5b1d4bc772e566714d141ee8698898fd.jpg

birds-and-the-bees.jpg.da2fa9e811944a8052c43df753a7a5aa.jpg

Birds and bees. Fantastic place to eat and drink, located in causewayhead so just outside of the city centre. 

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

enjoying-the-sun-and.jpg

Ship inn Elie.

Brilliant location. Could be full of ya ya English types though during summer. I remember when it was a shithole with benches from the school and burst couches.

Nice place. Look at their website, they are building a little glass fronted extension at the beer garden for private functions.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Number 27 is one of the best restaurants in Inverness - very good value, with  seriously good food.  Again check out the TA reviews. 

Castle Tavern is a great pub which offers above average pub grub - great for a night out and the beer garden with TV screen is good too.

The only reason to read the Trip Advisor reviews for the Number 27 is to see the complete Heads Gone from the owner every time there is even the slightest bit of negative feedback.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I’m convinced one of your pals owns the Number 27. There’s no other excuse to champion such a beige pub.

A little off the beaten track. The Anchor has this modern industrial vista. 
Admittedly the beer garden is lacking a little more seating than would be ideal but the management have been concentrating on the gastro food side recently.
The landlord assured me that once they have functional toilets he'll add more seating with cushions.

Screenshot_20180208-120448.png

9 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

A little off the beaten track. The Anchor has this modern industrial vista. 
Admittedly the beer garden is lacking a little more seating than would be ideal but the management have been concentrating on the gastro food side recently.
The landlord assured me that once they have functional toilets he'll add more seating with cushions.

Screenshot_20180208-120448.png

:lol: When the Granton Tap closed, the clientele that frequented that place carried more swords than Custers cavalry.

Archived