The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

I think Thistle will get more than one point, I'd be amazed if they didn't now that they have had their first win in a while.  I think they'll win again at Perth on Saturday.

County's performances have really improved so much of late, but the results haven't quite showed that:

• Drew 2-2 with Hamilton, they should have won that comfortably but shat it for a five-minute spell after Imrie was brought on.  Those defensive errors that typified the season seem to have been largely eradicated since.
  • Lost 0-3 at Celtic.  Fair enough.
  • Won 4-0 against Thistle.
  • Drew 1-1 against Hibs, who are arguably the second-best team in the country at the moment and beat Celtic at the weekend.
  • Drew 0-0 against Motherwell, who scudded Aberdeen 3-0 the week before with the same starting XI.

I'm straw-clutching a bit, but nine points is doable from building on the previous three matches.

If we could cut out the defensive/goalkeeping errors that have plagued us this season (and the last three games were definite improvements) then I don't see why we can't get nine points from the last four games. 

I think I have this right, Thistle have only lost once at home this season to a bottom six team (Dundee) and that was in our midst of a shambolic run. That's a bit of a confidence boost going against County and Motherwell, since it's been years since we lost to them at home. Away to Perth recently has been a happy hunting ground as well, just don't fancy having to go to Dundee needing a win.

Hopefully wrap this up in the next three games. If Dundee could beat Hamilton and County as well, then the last day of the season we'll just have a bit of a laugh and get pished? 

Something that might sound a bit daft, but the better weather might help us out a bit for the run in as it should, in theory, help us get the likes of Spittal, Lawless, Doolan, Sammon (he's better at working quick give and goes than just being a big static lump up top, despite packing more muscle than looks physically possible on his frame) etc. playing a bit more rather than players not risking a poor touch and just opting to hoof it clear as often.

I know it's one of those things where pretty much any team would say that it would help their more technically gifted players and we've been pretty shite rain, wind or shine this season - but we've looked better against Killie and Accies than a lot of our other flat, boring performances this season, and Archie is fond of moving the ball about on the deck and having the defence (with the exception of Cerny) spreading the ball about moreso than long punts into the channels.

3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Will Partick fans ever let it go?

500/1 if you believe they will!

Once you issue a sincere (i.e. not Theresa May or Amber Rudd style) apology for being such a crybaby, we will let it go.  Deal?

It's certainly nice to have the Lambie derby thread about Partick Thistle defeating Hamilton Accies 2-1 back in full for posterity, despite your efforts to erase all evidence.

As for the projection that we will finish 5 points adrift - I would say that is pretty unlikely. Nice example of wishful thinking though.

Aye Rog, you can't just be a colossal arse and commit an action which, at best, hugely inconveniences a lot of people, not apologise for it, and then ask that people get over it. Juvenile mate. People will only "get over it" if you just admit that you were out of order and that you're sorry for what you did. If it was an ordinary match it would be bad enough, but it was imbued with a lot of emotional significance given the recent passing of St John of the Pigeons.  I would think your fellow Accies would be giving you a hard time about it too.

Anyway. My prediction over the next few weeks is that my arsehole will be the size of a decimal point given how utterly squeeky things are at the bottom of the table. I hope that Erskine's recent renaissance continues and that Doolan and the Fish score an abundance between them, but it's equally possible that County stage a great escape and Hamilton feed off the potential rage and seethe that always accompanies their presence in the top flight and find an extra gear.

Mind last season when we were nicely safe and just got heftily pumped for the last 5 weeks? Sigh. Happy times.

Think it will end up 

Motherwell 47 

St Johnstone 40

Dundee  37

Ross County 36 

Partick 34 

Hamilton 33

Partick Hamilton and ross county going into the final day all on 33 points.

I’m getting concerned it’s going to be the DABS v Hamilton playoff final. Just couldn’t pick a team who I’d prefer lost. Ach well if results go the right way this weekend the Accies will be bottom [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] How many losses on the bounce is that now?
Much that I can't stand Hamilton it would funny if they stopped United coming up for the second year running.

And if they didn't it would be funny watching Radger go into meltdown.

Imagine being rattled that much by a wee diddy club like Accies that you couldn't back us over your clubs own derby rivals in a play-off. Minter!

Deleting the match thread because you’re so upset at getting beaten. The Minter of all Minters.

Deleting the match thread because you’re so upset at getting beaten. The Minter of all Minters.

Being homophobic for comedic effect.

The minter that the minter of all minters couldn’t come close to.

Started being homophobic and laughed it off.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji850]

Like many things, this occurred solely in your own head. Unlike you having a bairny fit and deleting the match thread [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Like many things, this occurred solely in your own head. Unlike you having a bairny fit and deleting the match thread [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

We’re going round in circles here.

Just like your wife when she was searching the house for her ‘mysteriously missing’ Season Ticket.

IMG_0692.jpg

Archived