The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine being rattled that much by a wee diddy club like Accies that you couldn't back us over your clubs own derby rivals in a play-off. Minter!

We are Dundee’s main rivalry.
They hate us more than United.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are Dundee’s main rivalry.
They hate us more than United.

There's a lot of truth in that. Your first sentence anyways. Over the past 11 years, you lot have undoubtedly been our competitive rivals. We've had relegation battles and 2 quite fantastic promotion battles which has led to a 'spark' whenever we play each other.

There's a lot of truth in that. Your first sentence anyways. Over the past 11 years, you lot have undoubtedly been our competitive rivals. We've had relegation battles and 2 quite fantastic promotion battles which has led to a 'spark' whenever we play each other.

To be fair a poll on Accies supporters largest Facebook group (WAH) concluded that we dislike Dundee more than the OF & Motherwell.

1. Dundee (Also a majority of the vote)

2. Motherwell

3. Rangers

=4. Hearts, Cowdenbeath & Airdrieonians

I personally dislike Dundee more than Motherwell.

A lot of my hate comes from the Championship 3-0 loss at NDP.

Calm down

Seethe levels increasing nicely I see. Glorious!

Was just about to say that. Now they notice their is a real possibility for us to go down they are absolutely choking for it.

Staying up this season will be truly glorious.

The best thing about Accies going down is that this forum will be spared the plethora of their fans' shite patter.  

The worst thing about Accies going down is that the Championship forum, and all those good souls within it, will be cursed.

It's like being forced to hand over a turd to someone you don't mind.

Hilarious you are still raging about a game getting postponed in December.

23 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Dougie Wright a football data analyser has projected the 2017/2018 Ladbrokes Premiership.

Effectively an exit poll.

IMG_1221.jpg

But will he spit the dummy and delete it, if it doesn't go his way?

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Dougie Wright a football data analyser has projected the 2017/2018 Ladbrokes Premiership.

IMG_1221.jpg

I want to know where he thinks we're getting four points from. 

County getting another nine and Partick only one is slightly far-fetched, although not entirely unlikely. 

18 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

County getting another nine and Partick only one is slightly far-fetched, although not entirely unlikely. 

I think Thistle will get more than one point, I'd be amazed if they didn't now that they have had their first win in a while.  I think they'll win again at Perth on Saturday.

County's performances have really improved so much of late, but the results haven't quite showed that:

• Drew 2-2 with Hamilton, they should have won that comfortably but shat it for a five-minute spell after Imrie was brought on.  Those defensive errors that typified the season seem to have been largely eradicated since.
  • Lost 0-3 at Celtic.  Fair enough.
  • Won 4-0 against Thistle.
  • Drew 1-1 against Hibs, who are arguably the second-best team in the country at the moment and beat Celtic at the weekend.
  • Drew 0-0 against Motherwell, who scudded Aberdeen 3-0 the week before with the same starting XI.

I'm straw-clutching a bit, but nine points is doable from building on the previous three matches.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

IMG_1221.jpg

There is one particular set of results for the remaining twelve games that would result in this outcome. So, possible but unlikely. As with all figures released by the Tories, it should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

31 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I want to know where he thinks we're getting four points from. 

For this outcome your four points would come from beating Dundee and drawing with St Johnstone. Bo!!ocks, I know!

10 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

The best thing about Accies going down is that this forum will be spared the plethora of their fans' shite patter.  

The worst thing about Accies going down is that the Championship forum, and all those good souls within it, will be cursed.

It's like being forced to hand over a turd to someone you don't mind.

I would happily keep Accies if it meant we didn't have to take St Mirren's fans.

Archived