The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I laughed at "fucking imbecile"

I'd say Hamilton but that would mean playing them next season and I can't think of anything more tedious. Therefore, Ross County as I've never seen the Pars play at Dingwall and I'll be able to get another ground ticked off.

There's basically no chance two sides go down. United/Livi/Morton/Pars/Queens/Caley are all kinda shite.

Terrible thread, mainly due to the real possibility of the Harry Wraggs being drawn into the fight and me not wanting to think about it right now.

Genuinely still think County will finish bottom. Accies will perhaps finish 11th, but it could easily be us or Saints. I reckon the Dees will be fine. Caulker will be a star for their lot and they'll get over their horrendous showing against possibly the worst team in the league so far.

I fear we'll end up too close for comfort.

• 1 month later...

What a difference a month makes. 

Feel like us Accies are all but safe, with only 6-8 points being needed to confirm it. County look doomed as they probably need about five wins to get tenth. 

Partick v Dundee before the end probably decides who wins the play off. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I think the bottom two are set and the two head to heads will probably determine who finishes 11th and 12th.

Your ability to score might be the difference. Sammon, Doolan and Storey are all capable of goals, defence is obviously your issue. 

Dundee don't look capable of scoring. Leitch-Smith only scores against us, Moussa hasn't scored all season and Murray needs four chances to score one, and nobody in Dundees team creates chances. Their only hope is Wighton has somehow turned from a fragile wee laddie who looked nowhere near good enough, into a world beater who can win games on his own, after a career ending injury. 

Accies are definitely not safe.

Before the split we have St Johnstone 28/3 (A), Killie 31/3 (A), Hibs 3/4 (A), Celtic 8/4 (H) then Killie 14/4 (H) on the free Sat set aside for the cup semis.

We could quite easily lose all 5 of them.

Just now, cdisaaccie said:

Accies are definitely not safe.

Before the split we have St Johnstone 28/3 (A), Killie 31/3 (A), Hibs 3/4 (A), Celtic 8/4 (H) then Killie 14/4 (H) on the free Sat set aside for the cup semis.

We could quite easily lose all 5 of them.

Quality of the Championship clubs looks awful this year, so anything above 12th should keep teams safe. County would need to overturn an eight point gap to get you relegated, can't see that with their current form. 

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

At least he’s not up his mum’s womb most nights.

You truly are a despicable c*** ,  my mother passed years ago, but your inept little brain has no idea how to be humorous without having a personal attack on someone.

You truly are a despicable c*** ,  my mother passed years ago, but your inept little brain has no idea how to be humorous without having a personal attack on someone.

‘despicable c**t’ - ‘personal attack’ - lol!

Anyway why did you think I was meaning you? Hmm...... [emoji848]

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

‘despicable c**t’ - ‘personal attack’ - lol!

Anyway why did you think I was meaning you? Hmm...... emoji848.png

Despicable and lying c*** , though I was on ignore ? Nah didn't think so but you are now .

I didn't realise how close County were to Thistle. That game at the start of next month will be mental, especially given how tough each of the bottom four's run-in to the split is. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your ability to score might be the difference. Sammon, Doolan and Storey are all capable of goals, defence is obviously your issue. 

Thistle are the lowest scoring team in the league.

Accies are safe. Dundee probably won't finish lower than 11th (even though, at best, they'll take 1 point from the next 9).

Both County and Thistle are going to lose 2 of their next 3 games. The game in Dingwall pre-split is pretty big. 

I think County's failure to win yesterday all but ensures automatic relegation. It's clear that Ketts/Fergie don't quite know the best XI yet (and that's fair enough, they've only had 2 games) but it does sound like they've instilled a small degree of fight into the squad. 

11th stays up, comfortably.

Archived