Fastlane 2018

JamieStevenson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this before work this afternoon.

Rusev v Naka was actually really good.

I like the idea of the tag team triple threat especially If It’s ladder.

Asuka v Charlotte match appeals to me.

Why’s this type of storyline not told on Smackdown every week?

Enjoyed it again. The camera shots of Shane walking past Sami/Ko and Cena pushing it away towards Styles and the Wrestlemania sign was brilliant. When WWE get it right they really nail it. Asuka’s announcement was slightly spoiled for me but still marked out. It’s the best option.

Rusev nearly killing Nakamura with that kick as well. [emoji50]

Chance of Cena vs Ziggler maybe? Seem to have highlighted Ziggler having never had a one on one at Mania, Cena is free, and the two i'm sure could have a belter even if it doesn't have the "draw" of Cena vs the almost quite literally deadman.

Ziggler is not getting that match. Ziggler is NEVER getting that match.

EDIT: Thought the PPV was a pretty easy watch which was weird for such a bullshit ridden show. Rusev and the Bludgeons probably came out looking stronger than they went in, despite Rusev losing.

Just watched it. Have I told you all how much I can't stand Shane McMahon and wish he would never appear on any WWE show ever again and how I think he ruins everything he's involved in? 

Some comical overselling from Woods. Best moment of the night was Asuka coming out to challenge Charlotte.

A solid, unspectacular show that didn't really do anything wrong, but one I'm glad I didn't stay up for.  It did just seem like an extended - and good - edition of Smackdown though.  Not that that's a terrible thing - they'd kill for that usually. 

The slam on Woods looked pretty stiff, but some comical overselling from him and everyone else involved.  Nice touch with the "Owen Hart has just died" tone of voice on the commentary team too, particularly as they did their piece with Big E writhing just below them.  Main event was good, but seemed to end very abruptly.  5 more minutes would have capped it off well.  Good decision to have Asuka challenge Charlotte, but the bit as Asuka left seemed a bit odd with Charlotte going from not containing her smile to full on scowl a few times.

Ziggler is not getting that match. Ziggler is NEVER getting that match.
EDIT: Thought the PPV was a pretty easy watch which was weird for such a bullshit ridden show. Rusev and the Bludgeons probably came out looking stronger than they went in, despite Rusev losing.
Right enough Rando!

I enjoyed the ppv but I'm firmly in the Shane McMahon can gtf camp.

A solid, unspectacular show that didn't really do anything wrong, but one I'm glad I didn't stay up for.  It did just seem like an extended - and good - edition of Smackdown though.  Not that that's a terrible thing - they'd kill for that usually. 
The slam on Woods looked pretty stiff, but some comical overselling from him and everyone else involved.  Nice touch with the "Owen Hart has just died" tone of voice on the commentary team too, particularly as they did their piece with Big E writhing just below them.  Main event was good, but seemed to end very abruptly.  5 more minutes would have capped it off well.  Good decision to have Asuka challenge Charlotte, but the bit as Asuka left seemed a bit odd with Charlotte going from not containing her smile to full on scowl a few times.

Cause she knows nobody is ready for Asuka! Maybe she was hoping Asuka was going to take the Universal off Lesnar.

Archived