Raith Rovers v Airdrie

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Great to dig out the win after such a poor first half. Robertson was a great substitution  and helped us rather than Airdrie dominate possession in the middle of the park. Furtado was excellent again and great to see Bene last the full 90 minutes even if he was blowing out of his arse by the final whistle.  Frustrated by Bobby Barr, still not contributing enough for me. 

Fair play to Airdrie for bringing a large boisterous support which helped create a good atmosphere and some much missed banter between fans. Those flags and songs about Section B were a little cringey though. It’s 2018 guys. 

It’s pleasing to have established a bit of a gap over Ayr, but more pleasing for me has been the character shown by the team the last two games when they conceded. Didn’t hide and pushed on to secure the win. Hopefully we can keep it going 

They should all be sectioned IMO.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game today, as predicted. As mentioned Airdrie deserved their lead in the first half, their midfield ran the show. Which caused us big problems, it didn’t help we weren’t at the races either. Frustrating day for Buchanan but that was down to how Airdrie set up, and they doubled up on Zanatta for the the full 90.
Second half, Robbo on, game changer. Thought we deserved it over the 90 purely because of the amount of chances we could’ve scored from in the 2nd half.
As for the Boo’s at HT from our fans - get a bloody grip, absolutely no need whatsoever. And also whoever was the solitary boo towards Herron in the first half when he played it back to Davo to keep possession instead of a wasteful pass forward - assess yourself eh!!
Anyway, good crowd from Airdrie, good effort on making a bit of noise also.

It does annoy me though, why don’t we stick the smaller crowds in the Railway stand instead of that corner? Is it cost related? Surely the stewards at them in the corner will simply move with the away fans in to the railway stand?

Really don't understand the slatting of Buchanan. He's a very clever player but Smith's tactics and style simply dummy suit him. He needs the ball to feet in the box but the way we play that doesn't happen. Smith wants a big physical guy up top like Furtado. Also doesn't help Buchanan was playing with that midfield which doesn't work.

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Quite enjoyed today, proper old school ground, decent crowd and we played well first half and gave it a good effort the second. Can’t ask for any more than that.

Seen a few raith fans clapping the airdrie support after aswell. And if they stop Ayr winning the league, all the better.

I'd never have thought I'd have seen the day when Rovers and Airdrie fans were having a love in, but I have to admit the Airdrie support was brilliant today, in numbers, but more so in volume. As said above, Airdrie seem to have hit the bottom and are now bouncing back. Hope you pip Ayr to the title next season. 

8 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Were you there? Take a Scotland flag next time if that’s what your into.

Mighta known you had something to do with it. Ever heard the phrase sport & politics don't mix?

Watching the highlights we’re very unlucky with Raiths equaliser. As for the second, poor defending and you can see two of our guys arguin with each other about who should have been marking Vaughan. 

Overall though, some great fight and good movement so promising. To go to Raith and make a game of it is all you can ask of the players. 

31 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Watching the highlights we’re very unlucky with Raiths equaliser. As for the second, poor defending and you can see two of our guys arguin with each other about who should have been marking Vaughan. 

Overall though, some great fight and good movement so promising. To go to Raith and make a game of it is all you can ask of the players. 

As other Rovers supporters have said, Airdrie yesterday were probably the best team seen at Stark's this season. 

I used to really enjoy disliking Airdrie so I hope their resurgence gathers pace. 

That's an Airdrie hand up for the clear penalty.

Capture4.thumb.PNG.aa8c440a5a0747386109571f708ea0cb.PNG

IMG_4046.jpgIMG_4047.jpg
Think this is the one we were talking about but there were a few acuffles so not sure. Seen them given and aeen them not given so onto the next game.

13 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Always great to see a team with the butchers apron getting fecked.

The team does not have any flag . Some supporters take along a variety but they don't ask nor represent me. As for any apron I suppose a few might have one either in secret or domestic duties. 

Archived