Raith Rovers v Airdrie

Thought we might have deserved a point for an excellent first half and matching Raith in the 2nd, but they did the task better of

scoring in a second half of dominance. The old songs were from the young boys with some older heads present to create a buzz. As for the flags I have never understood what they are trying to say. As an Airdrie fan I have no time for any links to the Glasgow blue nor green.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans were great

Brownlie and McDonald played well as did O'Neill. Carrick scoring again is encouraging and hope Duffy breaks his duck soon

Think that teams are working out Scott Stewart and he was well marked today.

Raith first goal was lucky but for the 2nd it looked like 3 of our defenders were drawn to trying to block a cut back and no-one seemed near the guy who scored, Poor defending.

Overall  a draw might have been fairer but Raith bossed the 2nd half.

10 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Dunno man, promotion day when we scored in the first ten minutes. Roasting day, massive support, pitch invasion. Magic.

‘91? Was that the day Airdrie fans were all wearing masks. I recall some boy in a wolf mask looking for a go.

53 minutes ago, waysider said:

Alternatively, it's a lot of rubbish. I've supported Airdrie and their predecessors for more years than I care to remember and the only player of ours I can remember going from us to Rangers is Ian McMillan (who is now in his 80s!)  Your statement is a lot of nonsense.

Did Sandy Clark no end up at rangers?

Seen a few raith fans clapping the airdrie support after aswell. And if they stop Ayr winning the league, all the better.

Its fair enough. Your fans sang all game. By far and away the loudest we've had at Starks this season in the league. Even if you'd been in the North stand out would've been a good atmosphere from your part. Very different statement tonight on the Airdrie compared to the first game where the board were chatting about media comments.

Your fans have had a tough time of it over the last decade. I'm sure it's the start of a new era for your club though.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

‘91? Was that the day Airdrie fans were all wearing masks. I recall some boy in a wolf mask looking for a go.

Cannae mind the masks. I can remember it was boiling and Airdrie singing the Broomfield stomp for about 10 minutes non-stop and the dust from the old stairs ruining my nice new  polo top. People were swimming after it. It was chaos.

Raith allowed(!?) our celebration and the team came out onto the old stand to throw out their tops and stuff.

Heady times.

4 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

What about his reluctance to book Raith players and the penalty that should have been awarded to Airdrie for a blatant handball at the end?

Don’t know who didn’t get booked that deserved to get booked and also no hand ball for me I was sitting right behind the goals

4 hours ago, waysider said:

Second paragraph a bit silly. Is there any team in the world this doesn't apply to, even Raith?

The comment isn’t silly, I didn’t once mention Airdrie  in my sentence  it was  a generalisation in terms of away teams wasting time when leading which would include Raith Rovers

4 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Airdrie were good, probably up there with the toughest game we have had so far at home this season and can count themselves unlucky not to take a point.

WTF are those flags all about though? :unsure2:

It's spelled  f l e g s.

And yes, they are fecking embarrassing.

33 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Cannae mind the masks. I can remember it was boiling and Airdrie singing the Broomfield stomp for about 10 minutes non-stop and the dust from the old stairs ruining my nice new  polo top. People were swimming after it. It was chaos.

Raith allowed(!?) our celebration and the team came out onto the old stand to throw out their tops and stuff.

Heady times.

Funnily enough, I came across a load of old photos the other week and there was a couple from Main Stand of you lot all over the pitch, one guy in a wheelchair with speed trails behind him, must of been fairly moving! Will find out where the missus put them and post them up on here at some point

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Great to dig out the win after such a poor first half. Robertson was a great substitution  and helped us rather than Airdrie dominate possession in the middle of the park. Furtado was excellent again and great to see Bene last the full 90 minutes even if he was blowing out of his arse by the final whistle.  Frustrated by Bobby Barr, still not contributing enough for me. 

Fair play to Airdrie for bringing a large boisterous support which helped create a good atmosphere and some much missed banter between fans. Those flags and songs about Section B were a little cringey though. It’s 2018 guys. 

It’s pleasing to have established a bit of a gap over Ayr, but more pleasing for me has been the character shown by the team the last two games when they conceded. Didn’t hide and pushed on to secure the win. Hopefully we can keep it going 

Brilliant. Didn't hear that one from the RaithTV commentary position today.

I'm old enough to remember those naughty boys from Section B singing that song and refusing to change ends; staying on the terraces at the Invertiel end the whole game in the famous "Stevie Simpson lobbing John Martin from 80 yards out" match in 87-88 :-)

I remember speaking to some guy who claimed to be ‘old school’ in the bar at Airdrie before we played them in the cup, winner was to play Aberdeen and he was telling me how section B was coming out of retirement and plans were already in motion for meeting up with Aberdeen casuals should they get through

As I’m sure I told him at time, silly to plan for somethin that was never gonna happen!

Archived