Raith Rovers v Airdrie

That was a disappointing result, but there's a lot positives to take from the performance in the first half - especially from O'Neil at right-back.  When the attendence was announced, someone behind me said that we were about 100 fans up on our list trip there, which tells you something about the feeling around the club right now.  As has been said, there was a good atmosphere in our end, which we've been missing for too long.   Been a while since we've applauded the team off the park after a defeat, too.

Re: the offside issue, the rules were changed in 2016.  As per the Gruaniad:

“Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Deserved win in the end. Stepped it up second half and Robertson made a massive difference when he came on to the overall shape of the team.

Great Airdrie support, but some meltdown from a few of them - especially some lassie going berserk at numerous stewards.  Also, what's the Union Jack's all about?

Airdrie has always been a feeder club for Rangers. It's well known that Airdrie is the blue half of Monklands and Coatbridge the green half. 

By the sounds of things the sub changed the game. Been a few times at home smith has changed things and it has paid off. Do we think herron is going to be like zannata come the end of the season? A player who fans werent keen on due to performances, but will get better as we head into the last few months and be as liked?

43 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Airdrie has always been a feeder club for Rangers. It's well known that Airdrie is the blue half of Monklands and Coatbridge the green half. 

Here's me wondering whether Rangers have bought any of our players in my lifetime.  Can't think of any offhand, though we got a pretty penny from Celtic for Tony Watt, I seem to recall.  We're obviously not much cop at this feeder club thing.

Great to dig out the win after such a poor first half. Robertson was a great substitution  and helped us rather than Airdrie dominate possession in the middle of the park. Furtado was excellent again and great to see Bene last the full 90 minutes even if he was blowing out of his arse by the final whistle.  Frustrated by Bobby Barr, still not contributing enough for me. 

Fair play to Airdrie for bringing a large boisterous support which helped create a good atmosphere and some much missed banter between fans. Those flags and songs about Section B were a little cringey though. It’s 2018 guys. 

It’s pleasing to have established a bit of a gap over Ayr, but more pleasing for me has been the character shown by the team the last two games when they conceded. Didn’t hide and pushed on to secure the win. Hopefully we can keep it going 

27 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Here's me wondering whether Rangers have bought any of our players in my lifetime.  Can't think of any offhand, though we got a pretty penny from Celtic for Tony Watt, I seem to recall.  We're obviously not much cop at this feeder club thing.

I suppose it applied more to the original Airdrieonians when they were a much more more prominant club.

36 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

What a joke club, flesh.

35 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
36 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
What a joke club, flegs.

I'm now on PC as opposed to the poor relative that is the app.

However, fucking flegs.

5 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

I suppose it applied more to the original Airdrieonians when they were a much more more prominant club.

Alternatively, it's a lot of rubbish. I've supported Airdrie and their predecessors for more years than I care to remember and the only player of ours I can remember going from us to Rangers is Ian McMillan (who is now in his 80s!)  Your statement is a lot of nonsense.

Can’t remember selling anyone to Rangers. Not in my time anyway. Would Ian McMillan be the last direct transfer to them from Airdrie? Must be their feeder club right enough then.

Quite enjoyed today, proper old school ground, decent crowd and we played well first half and gave it a good effort the second. Can’t ask for any more than that.

Seen a few raith fans clapping the airdrie support after aswell. And if they stop Ayr winning the league, all the better.

It was a cracking ground when it was all terracing behind both goals and opposite the main stand. Still enjoyed it today. Sitting sandwiched between both sets of home support helped to create a bit atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Nothing will beat the cup game in 95 when Paul Harvey put on his masterclass.

Fixed for you...

Least we beat Celtic in a final that year...

Wish we never signed him though...£500,000 as well. Christ. Probably half of what the actual club is worth now. Stupid times. :lol: 

Nothing will beat the cup game in 95 when Paul Hartley put on his masterclass.

Sure there was a 4 or 5victory too in the late 80s or early 90s at Stark’s with Nipper getting a couple. Steve Gray also scored on his debut up there if memory serves.

Archived