Raith Rovers v Airdrie

God we made heavy weather of that. Really poor 1st half, and Bazza must have got well stuck into them at half-time. Showed some bottle to peg Airdrie back and finally break them down. Feel sorry for Buchanan at the mo... he was hooked on 53 mins but hadn't done much wrong . What is he meant to do with service like that.?

Airdrie were  unrecognisable from the team that came hoping to steal a point in September. They look a team on the up now. Herron is also unrecognisable from the player we saw before Chrsitmas.

Eight clear and the pressure truly back on Ayr.Happy Days

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent 3 points considering numerous  players were off the boill 

Although Airdrie had  the the better of the first half  and us the second I thought  overall we deserved the 3 points.Cant remember Airdrie creating or having many if any chances in the 2nd half.Airdrie are a decent team and one of the better teams to visit Starks this season

Hats off to the Airdrie supporters for helping to create a bit of an atmosphere

Thought Davo had a cracking game, Herron is a different player from a few months ago and big Nellie has been a brilliant signing.  He never stops harassing and running at defenders and deserved his goal.  I'm sure it won't be his last. Glad Lewis has broken his duck and scored today maybe give him a bit of confidence to grab a few more though I think sometimes he can be greedy and go for the glory instead of passing to a player who has a better chance of scoring.  Made the difference when Robertson came on, Buchanan was creating very little and was rightly hooked.  8 points ahead of Ayr pressure all on them now, how will they react:whistle

Airdrie gave us a decent game, better than most, but once we equalised a winner was always on the cards.

Poor first first half, much improved second, and a very big mental test overcome.

Well done all, well apart from Buchanan and Barr who were brutal.

19 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

God we made heavy weather of that. Really poor 1st half, and Bazza must have got well stuck into them at half-time. Showed some bottle to peg Airdrie back and finally break them down. Feel sorry for Buchanan at the mo... he was hooked on 53 mins but hadn't done much wrong . What is he meant to do with service like that.?

Airdrie were  unrecognisable from the team that came hoping to steal a point in September. They look a team on the up now. Herron is also unrecognisable from the player we saw before Chrsitmas.

Eight clear and the pressure truly back on Ayr.Happy Days

I would totally disagree with what i highlighted. Theirs as much pressure on us to maintain that gap.  Pressure works both ways not just those chasing.

Yes Raith's subs helped them win the game ,one of our best players Watt was on the bench ,don't know what he has done wrong but  should in my opinion anyway been on just after half time .Mc Gregor looked clumsy to say the least when he came on .

21 hours ago, renton said:

The better things are going, the more pessimistic I get :lol:

With the best will in the world I hope you're utterly miserable for a while yet :)

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

didn’t know you can be offside in your own half but I’m sure someone will correct me.

Always thought if that was possible Mark Stewart would have managed it by now.

Thoroughly enjoyed today, well eventually, we take forever to get going

Deserved win in the end. Stepped it up second half and Robertson made a massive difference when he came on to the overall shape of the team.

Great Airdrie support, but some meltdown from a few of them - especially some lassie going berserk at numerous stewards.  Also, what's the Union Jack's all about?

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. First half Airdrie were the better side but once Buchanan was hooked and Furtado moved up top things began to change. Furtado has a side to his game where he can hold off defenders, turn them and beat them in the air (not all at once) and that is something that Buchanan can't do.  The arrival of Robertson was also a game changer because he did the dirty work in midfield to stop Airdrie getting forward the way they did in the first half. If only all substitutions could be so effective.

Always thought if that was possible Mark Stewart would have managed it by now.
Thoroughly enjoyed today, well eventually, we take forever to get going
The player came back into his own half from an offside position. The free kick is taken from where he touched the ball. New last season I think.

Feel sorry for Buchanan at the mo... he was hooked on 53 mins but hadn't done much wrong . What is he meant to do with service like that.?

The other two players to play up front today both managed to score. Next week is, surely, the game where he’s finally left out.

Just about worth the win I thought. Awful first half, dominant second. Furtado can’t be this good every week, can he? Herron is looking like a different player and bringing Robertson on changed the game.

Big win, puts us in a strong position with some away matches coming up.

Archived