Raith Rovers v Airdrie

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Substitution changed the game, Robertson was excellent.

Getting Benedictus back properly involved without losing any points is a huge boon, although it looked risky at times. Last ten minutes he was absolutely out on his feet, but getting that 90 minutes of first team football should benefit him in the long run.

Herron, once again, had a really good game. If he can keep up this form, we'll really start to lock down large parts of the starting eleven, in ways we haven't really at any stage this season.

Disappointed not to come away with something but not despondent.

Airdrie were the better team 1st half but fell out it a bit in the 2nd and Raith edged it. Raith don’t look a good side but seem to have the ability to grind out a result.

Fantastic away support - more than 160 by my reckoning (don’t know how you can tell) and created a good atmosphere, backing the team right to the end.

Thought the referee was terrible today constantly falling for any Airdrie player falling in a heap after a tackle and to top it off near the end gives an offside against the Rovers yet allows the free kick to be taken 3m inside our own half, didn’t know you can be offside in your own half but I’m sure someone will correct me.

Also have to laugh at away teams soon as they go 1 up all of a sudden they aren’t in a rush but soon as they are losing they can’t wait to get on with it football eh!

Well that was pleasing. We were poor in the first half but replacing Buchanan with Robbo and putting Vaughan up top was a superb move. Furtado was brilliant too. Brilliant to see Bobby Barr taking the drop ball after the referee spotted our attack and charge on with the ball. We need that streak in us as there's no point letting clubs take advantage.

Thought the referee was terrible today constantly falling for any Airdrie player falling in a heap after a tackle and to top it off near the end gives an offside against the Rovers yet allows the free kick to be taken 3m inside our own half, didn’t know you can be offside in your own half but I’m sure someone will correct me.
Also have to laugh at away teams soon as they go 1 up all of a sudden they aren’t in a rush but soon as they are losing they can’t wait to get on with it football eh!

What about his reluctance to book Raith players and the penalty that should have been awarded to Airdrie for a blatant handball at the end?

The Airdrie fans were superb today and didn't stop singing. Did enjoy when some of them were goading our fans, only to go into meltdown for our two goals.

Was a bit of a bizarre situation. We were effectively wedged in between 2 sections of the Raith fans. Don’t think Raith expected as much of a travelling support. Why does the railway stand not get used? That would have been ideal and there’s no pillars obstructing your view.

Was a bit of a bizarre situation. We were effectively wedged in between 2 sections of the Raith fans. Don’t think Raith expected as much of a travelling support. Why does the railway stand not get used? That would have been ideal and there’s no pillars obstructing your view.
I think you're spot on. We'll only open the North stand for four games this season. We had issues with Arbroath fans doing the same earlier with a smaller fan base. Airdrie look a totally different team now btw. Pressed high yet disciplined. I know they're well off the promotion playoffs but I think next season they'll be well in the title hunt.

28 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Aye mate. Just away teams. You’d never see Raith time wasting right enough...

34 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Second paragraph a bit silly. Is there any team in the world this doesn't apply to, even Raith?

Quite enjoyed the Airdrie fans in the main stand, like the Arbroath game, gave the game a bit of atmosphere at times. Always enjoy opposition fans getting excited then being firmly put in their place when we win :)

Archived