Herriot Watt

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:54, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone know how much those stands cost?

Stadium Solutions charge around the £20k mark for a 50 seater, £25k for a 75, more for bespoke stands like these.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont know how much just concreting an area and putting a roof and back on would be and if there would be much difference. Wish i knew how much building materials etc cost!

They do covered terrace like LTHV has just got, and at Burntisland, not sure, but I think they are maybe £10k a pop? just guessing. That may be a cheaper option unless a club has building trade contacts for concreting etc.

They do covered terrace like LTHV has just got, and at Burntisland, not sure, but I think they are maybe £10k a pop? just guessing. That may be a cheaper option unless a club has building trade contacts for concreting etc.

Yeh but the steel frame means they’re quite slippy etc, i do like that they are modular, saw what they did at Salford city, that was spectacular. Ive seen clubs just put a roof over concrete stepped terracing just didnt know if that was a cheaper option etc. Obviously when you factor in seats etc it gets expensive, but even then the stand they built for Maidenhead was fantastic, 550 seat stand for £250,000 I believe.

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh but the steel frame means they’re quite slippy etc, i do like that they are modular, saw what they did at Salford city, that was spectacular. Ive seen clubs just put a roof over concrete stepped terracing just didnt know if that was a cheaper option etc. Obviously when you factor in seats etc it gets expensive, but even then the stand they built for Maidenhead was fantastic, 550 seat stand for £250,000 I believe.

If you need a quick solution to become Licence compliant then the modular covered terracing is probably the least hassle, if you’re not too worried by that then the “traditional” cover built to your needs might be better.  All depends on finance, grants, what space, size etc.  The modular terracing still needs a concrete base.

Was at Maidenhead last season and the new stand looks good.

On 3/28/2018 at 20:48, Footballfirst said:

The new stands were full on the 3G pitch side for the Hearts v Hibs development league match yesterday. Viewing isn't the best if there are a lot of people standing in the gaps between the stands or wandering about in front of the stands. Access to toilet facilities in the main building wasn't great either.

It should get a good test this weekend with the visit of Kelty.

Planning on going over for the Friday night game with Kelty in a few weeks time. They should really build a toilet block inside the ground, long walk to the main building as you say not ideal.

Archived