Stranraer vs Arbroath

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see that coming!

Another Tuesday night down in Stranraer it is then :(

The last time that happened I went to get a cup of water from the shop in the ground and by the time I got back to the grassy bank behind the far goal the top of it had started to freeze. :lol: 

Didn't see that coming!
Another Tuesday night down in Stranraer it is then [emoji20]
The last time that happened I went to get a cup of water from the shop in the ground and by the time I got back to the grassy bank behind the far goal the top of it had started to freeze. :lol: 

IIRC it was Valentine’s Day with a delayed kick off due to the Arbroath bus getting lost in Glasgow, we lost 2-0, scott Morrison had a clanger, the pitch froze, there were 166 fans there and only 4 Lichties!

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

IIRC it was Valentine’s Day with a delayed kick off due to the Arbroath bus getting lost in Glasgow, we lost 2-0, scott Morrison had a clanger, the pitch froze, there were 166 fans there and only 4 Lichties!

169 ;) Also 5 Lichties - I believe Tim was in the stand for that one!

Team bus driver insisted they went through the centre of Glasgow instead of using the bypass :lol: 

Yes, I was at the last midweek. Got a lift on the bus which got lost. Had a beer with Homer before the game.

The weather is dry now in the west. No rain forecast today. Sunny with a light breeze this afternoon. This postponement is very surprising. Is 6 hours of dry weather in daylight not enough to drain Stair Park!!!!

Yes, I was at the last midweek. Got a lift on the bus which got lost. Had a beer with Homer before the game.
The weather is dry now in the west. No rain forecast today. Sunny with a light breeze this afternoon. This postponement is very surprising. Is 6 hours of dry weather in daylight not enough to drain Stair Park!!!!

I’m sure I seen highlights from a recent Stranraer home game and the pitch looked pretty cut up. I’m guessing it’s got progressively worse and the overnight rain wouldn’t have helped

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m sure I seen highlights from a recent Stranraer home game and the pitch looked pretty cut up. I’m guessing it’s got progressively worse and the overnight rain wouldn’t have helped

Lichtgilphead is already down there. We'll get an on the scene assessment.

Lichtgilphead is already down there. We'll get an on the scene assessment.

Walked through Agnew Park on the seafront with the dogs last night - it was holding a lot of water & was very squelchy underfoot. I'll take a wander up to Stair Park this afternoon.

Archived