Stranraer vs Arbroath

On 21/02/2018 at 12:40, 1320Lichtie said:

Just said he wouldn’t be one of our best players.

Got a hard time from a few after his first two games but I thought he done fine in both, then pops up with a goal and a very good performance from what I’ve heard after a few were wanting him dropped.

I like the look of him anyway.

To be honest, he took quite a while to get up and running and really settled with Berwick. I always thought there was a player in him somewhere but the last 12 months, he really stepped up a level. I'd imagine this is because he was pretty finally the focal point of how we'd set up. There was a point some fans were calling for him to be released because he'd picked 4 reds up in about as many months, and John Coughlin had publicly admitted that he was one more away from doing so. It seemed to cause him to really adapt his game. Other sides were taking notice and going out to wind him up. He was often targeted but began curbing and arguably channelling his aggression, and though I thought it was simply another case of Berwick fans wildly overreacting at the time, it's probably been the best thing for him as he's been a different player since. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived