Stranraer vs Arbroath

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who makes these fucking decisions?

6 days notice for fans to make arrangements, and for players to get time off work etc.

Who should my anger be directed at here, the clubs or the SPFL? Regardless, it's fucking unbelievable.

37 minutes ago, scillybirder said:

Pretty sure thus rules me out of both this and Albion game as away with work in Ireland. Darn. Presumably this was mutually agreed by the club's. 3 dry days forecast before may have been a factor!

Is it definitely the clubs that agree to this as opposed to the SPFL being involved?

I can't believe that Arbroath would actually agree to this. Have we, as a club, actually decided we'd like to play 3 midweek games in a row when we don't actually need to do so, and decided to give our own fans 6 days notice for a 350 mile round trip?

Absolutely no consideration whatsoever shown to the travelling fans who attend games all over the country. You'd think I'd be used to us being treated like this but it still enrages me every time.

Shades of our hilarious rearranged game up at Elgin for the midweek before Christmas a few years ago here..... at least we had a few weeks notice for that one. <_<

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Is it definitely the clubs that agree to this as opposed to the SPFL being involved?

I can't believe that Arbroath would actually agree to this.

New dates is agreed by the clubs, and then submitted to the SPFL for approval.

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

New dates is agreed by the clubs, and then submitted to the SPFL for approval.

Thanks for that.

Would be very interested to find out the exact criteria that has to be met for games being rearranged.

I see there have been games rearranged for the last week in March and the first week in April so far. Both ourselves and Stranraer are free the last three weeks in March and also the first week in April. I have no idea why, and couldn't even fathom a guess, as to why we've agreed to play it at 6 days notice to fans and players, especially with a very long journey there and back.

Weather forecast was mentioned above, but surely the chances of the weather being totally fine into April are very high so I'm really not too sure on that as a fair reason to  ignore the the impact on fans.

Pretty sure thus rules me out of both this and Albion game as away with work in Ireland. Darn. Presumably this was mutually agreed by the club's. 3 dry days forecast before may have been a factor!

Probably easier to get to Stair Park from Ireland.

15 hours ago, ecto said:

They did, Linn, Denholm, McIntosh and Yule back in, MacKenna, Wallace, Swankie and Omar out

Agree 100%. Stranraer have been decent when in control and going forward but seem vulnerable in defence. 4.4.2  and go for it. I would play Macintosh and Wallace as they work well together.

Agree 100%. Stranraer have been decent when in control and going forward but seem vulnerable in defence. 4.4.2  and go for it. I would play Macintosh and Wallace as they work well together.

They looked to be forming a very good partnership until it was broken due to Wallace being cup tied.

Archived