SSC Renewals

On 2/7/2018 at 11:54, newcastle broon said:

I'm in 2 minds been a member since the travel club days. Might just hang fire till we find oot who's in charge both on and off the park.  2 days holiday for me every home game as it is. Next world cup Qatar and I know its just a 2 year membership but nae chance of me getting there even if we did manage to qualify. I'm sure there are others in same boat. Somebody convince me otherwise :o

You know you want too 8)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Big Ally said:

Newcastle Broon, my point is that  the kids deserve a cheaper deal. Also that going to  a home game deserves some kind of reward.  I am sure that going to a home game from Rosewell is pretty easy compared to a six hour trip down from above Ullapool . Indeed  I bet you can fly to Vilnius in half the time it takes me to drive to Glasgow  .  

Totally agree it's a great deal for kids and so it should be bud. 

For the record I live doon England so it's not as easy getting to Glasgow for me. 

I doubt home points will make much difference to the points total. 

My point still stands regarding your "elite" comment at away games though. 

I've never felt like an "elite member" of the supporters club bud. Just happy and lucky enough to get to the games to support the team. 

Hopefully we can all have something to shout about in the next campaign. 

16 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

You know you want too 8)

:lol: :thumsup2

14 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Totally agree it's a great deal for kids and so it should be bud. 

For the record I live doon England so it's not as easy getting to Glasgow for me. 

I doubt home points will make much difference to the points total. 

My point still stands regarding your "elite" comment at away games though. 

I've never felt like an "elite member" of the supporters club bud. Just happy and lucky enough to get to the games to support the team. 

Hopefully we can all have something to shout about in the next campaign. 

:lol: :thumsup2

I agree with most of the above and apologise for using the word "elite" , but I am still happy to get a home point  to put towards away tickets .

Was rather unenthused with everything going on at the minute and was considering not re-joining, add the fact work and life got in the way of many games last campaign.

Not sure if I totally agree with the new system but it's something a number of fans have been calling for so got to give the SSC credit for listening, still think people are going to be left disappointed when it's a points system but can't think of any fairer way to do it.  Have been on quite a few trips with non members and can only recall Macedonia being a struggle. Everywhere else it's been a free for all pretty much.  

• 1 month later...

Not sure there ever was a 'free gift' given that they've taken it away and lowered the price by a tenner.
I've still got my 'made in China ' tartan scarf to remind me of the gifts though.

Disappointing they took away the top if it was going to be the one we got two campaigns ago (the blue one) which was very good.  Fantastic if it was going to be like the fire hazard red one that felt like it was made out of Doncaster's face.

But if they're dropping it by a tenner, then that's fair enough they take away the superfluous shite.  Wonder if they've ever considered having two tiers of memberships.  Knock 20 quid off it and just have the membership, then have a "Tartan Army Footsoldier" tier (fucking awful, I know) that has all kinds of tat for those that want it.  Free glengarrie, few badges, signed photo of Chris Martin getting a kicking, all that stuff.

Happy with the cheaper membership . Never wore the last red top they gave us , too much like the England change strip of a few years ago . To make matters worse they charged us £7.50 postage  for a top I didn't want , so the previous membership was actually £52.50  , a total rip off.   

Happy with the cheaper membership . Never wore the last red top they gave us , too much like the England change strip of a few years ago . To make matters worse they charged us £7.50 postage  for a top I didn't want , so the previous membership was actually £52.50  , a total rip off.   

Good point Ally

Been a member since 2005 and was going to renew, but decided to let my registration lapse. I just don't see the point in it and I think this new Euro Nations League or whatever it's called now is a bit of a joke. Fair enough, I will probably miss out on bigger games once they come around but for games like Albania and Israel,  I can't see them selling out. I have only ever been to one away game too (Wembley qualifier just gone) and have no intention just yet of going to games abroad due to financial reasons, so it's not really worth it when I can get tickets easily through the public sale for home games.

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I just don't see the point in it and I think this new Euro Nations League or whatever it's called now is a bit of a joke.

Out of interest, what makes you think that?

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Out of interest, what makes you think that?

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Was about to ask the same thing, it’s an absolutely brilliant opportunity for the likes of Scotland.

Maybe I'm just being old fashioned and preferring the usual format of qualifying that we are all used to - which we never seem to benefit from :lol: 

If this new format means Scotland qualifying for more tournaments, I'm all for it.

Just now, IainMorton said:

Maybe I'm just being old fashioned and preferring the usual format of qualifying that we are all used to - which we never seem to benefit from :lol: 

If this new format means Scotland qualifying for more tournaments, I'm all for it.

That's fair enough.  I do think UEFA have made it appear more complex than it actually is, and haven't done a brilliant job in changing that.  To a lot of fans it'll probably be a question of why this is being brought in, which is where the SFA should be coming in to show everyone why it's a good thing.  Yet to see too much on that front though.

It'll represent a much better chance of qualifying, or at least should.  I'd even go as far as saying that these games are far, far more important than the actual qualifiers for nations like us.  Win six games against sides "at our level", and we have a place in the Euros, compared to winning more often than not in a qualification group containing at least one brilliant side, and some diddies we'll likely slip up against. 

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

We still have the old fashioned method as well though. This is just instead of having shite, relatively meaningless friendlies, we have games that can directly lead to qualification. 

Anyone that understands the Nations League really shouldn’t be against it.

Good point Honest Man , if it means less friendlies like the one I had to suffer on Friday night  then The Nations League has to be a major improvement .

I have to agree. We should be looking to get through the nations league first as this is our best option and sides we really should be beating. Fingers crossed we will get to another tournament before I die [emoji23][emoji23]

Archived