SSC Renewals

£40 to renew and a change to the points system now with 1 point per home game, 2 per away, 1 for renewing before 31st March and 1 if you've been a member for 3 or more campaigns. 

A saving of £5 per individual home ticket too compared with the £3 saving from the last campaign.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/scotland-supporters-club-membership/ssc-loyalty-points/

Should mean a few more ticket sales for home friendlies for the SFA with people wanting to maintain their points record.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been a member since the 2010 qualifying campaign but going to give it a miss this time. I’ve only been away twice (England and Gibraltar) so only really renew for the guaranteed home ticket. 

4 of us were members for the 2016 campaign, I was the only one who renewed for 2018 and it really made no difference.

So good if you’re going on away trips, a waste of £40 if you’re not.

16 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Been a member since 2005. Liking the idea of the new points system. Only been to one away game though (Wembley last campaign) does that mean I will now have two points for that game, or will it stay at one?

1 point, the previous 10 away games prior to the new system comes in still have their original points value until they start to drop off as Scotland play more away games.

You'll have 3 points if you renew before 31st March (1 for renewing and 1 for being a member for 3 or more campaigns and your 1 point for Wembley)

I'm in 2 minds been a member since the travel club days. Might just hang fire till we find oot who's in charge both on and off the park.  2 days holiday for me every home game as it is. Next world cup Qatar and I know its just a 2 year membership but nae chance of me getting there even if we did manage to qualify. I'm sure there are others in same boat. Somebody convince me otherwise :o

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Might just hang fire till we find oot who's in charge both on and off the park.

Aye, same. I only do home games so it's really just an extra cost for guaranteeing ticket, and it's hard to justify when the discount on match tickets for being a member is so small, even with it improving.

Regardless, if they appoint Malky Mackay they're not getting a penny.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, same. I only do home games so it's really just an extra cost for guaranteeing ticket, and it's hard to justify when the discount on match tickets for being a member is so small, even with it improving.

40 quid membership.

Membership is for 2 years. If you go to 8 home games in 2 years using your fiver discount each time then that the savings cancelling out the membership fee, and keeps you on the list for away tickets is how I looking at it.

The membership fee is just pre-booking your home tickets, and as I go to away games (on 6 or 7 points), I'll sign up again.

18 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

40 quid membership.

Membership is for 2 years. If you go to 8 home games in 2 years using your fiver discount each time then that the savings cancelling out the membership fee, and keeps you on the list for away tickets is how I looking at it.

The membership fee is just pre-booking your home tickets, and as I go to away games (on 6 or 7 points), I'll sign up again.

Yeah, I can't count. Ignore me.

6 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

40 quid membership.

Good point, and usually I’d be renewing straight away.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

But then there’s this even better point.

15 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I don’t think I’ve once worn the free shirts I’ve got with my membership.

15 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Wore the blue one in 2014 a lot.  That was pretty smart - wore it to most games home and away for a while

Yeah, the first one they offered was really, really good.  The red one was fucking awful though.

I'll see what the other two I go with are doing.  There's no real need to do it anymore given you never struggle for tickets.  You're basically gambling that we'll get good enough that once the fairweather (or more sensible) fans flock back, you're guaranteed your spot.  If we make it into a playoff in a couple of years time, I'd imagine you'd be glad of it, but it's not really worth the money for just that.

Glad to see one section of the SFA ( The Supporters Club )has got its act together and is at last trying to do something for the fans , because the rest of the organisation is a total shambles. 

We weren't going to renew but with the cheaper memberships and £5 off match tickets there's no point in not. I am also going to get the kids a membership  at £5 a year .Good to see youngsters encouraged to  come along. Will probably go to more away matches as we will get points for home games . In the past some of the away support seem to regard themselves as an " elite " club . 

On 09/02/2018 at 15:22, Big Ally said:

Will probably go to more away matches as we will get points for home games . In the past some of the away support seem to regard themselves as an " elite " club . 

An elite club :lol:

It's never been easier to  picking up away points with friendlies or qualifiers over the past two or three years given the locations we been playing in yet that makes it elite. 

The elite club will be the ones who are travelling to Peru and Mexico (will they get extra points for travelling to the other side of the world, that's what I'd call elite)  as well as difficult to get to  away fixtures in Israel and Albania this year. 

My points total will drop rapidly wi them fixtures this year. 

Not Getting points for home games shouldnt have stopped anybody in the past going to  away games.

Many fans without tickets over the years have managed to get hold of tickets by some means. It's called supporting yer country. Doesn't make them elite.

Will getting home points encourage more away fans,time will tell but I doubt it?

This is a very daft question but with the team potentially on an upward swing and the new Nations League qualifying path you never know...
If Scotland were to do the unthinkable and actually qualify for Euro 2020, would SSC members be likely to be at an advantage in getting tickets for the finals themselves? I've not been a member for about a decade but considering getting a membership this time because I've a bit more money now, there are more competitive games and theoretically we've a higher chance of 'success' than in a World Cup campaign, with the possibility of 2 'home' games that would be accessible if we were to actually somehow pull it off. 
If we were to actually qualify, would the SFA/SSC be likely to have any kind of role in actually doling out tickets for the tournament proper or would it just be a straight ballot through UEFA? 

We better get priority in the unlikely event we actually qualify for anything.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

An elite club :lol:

It's never been easier to  picking up away points with friendlies or qualifiers over the past two or three years given the locations we been playing in yet that makes it elite. 

The elite club will be the ones who are travelling to Peru and Mexico (will they get extra points for travelling to the other side of the world, that's what I'd call elite)  as well as difficult to get to  away fixtures in Israel and Albania this year. 

My points total will drop rapidly wi them fixtures this year. 

Not Getting points for home games shouldnt have stopped anybody in the past going to  away games.

Many fans without tickets over the years have managed to get hold of tickets by some means. It's called supporting yer country. Doesn't make them elite.

Will getting home points encourage more away fans,time will tell but I doubt it?

Newcastle Broon, my point is that  the kids deserve a cheaper deal. Also that going to  a home game deserves some kind of reward.  I am sure that going to a home game from Rosewell is pretty easy compared to a six hour trip down from above Ullapool . Indeed  I bet you can fly to Vilnius in half the time it takes me to drive to Glasgow  .  

Archived