Phrases that scream a***hole

I dunno, in working life I’ve found that there are lots of people willing to hate a person because a group hates them without having any regard to their own experience of that person. I tend to go against that and probably annoy such people with the “I’ve always found them to be alright” chat.

Good for you. There’s nothing worse than cliquey behaviour, especially in the work place.

"That's a bit random".

Any misuse of the word "literally".

"Genuine concerns about immigration".

"You can't talk about [insert right-wing nonsense] these days" usually followed by the speaker going on to disprove their own theory by talking about said right-wing nonsense at great length.

"Cheeky drinks" and "This one" make me ridiculously angry. "Can't wait for Friday and some cheeky drinks with this one!" Ugh.

Also, "What a lad!" may as well be code for "What a c**t".

People who say “was like” instead of “said”.
“I was like...and he was like...and then I was like...”. Really infuriates me.
“Goals” as well. Ie “couple goals” or “friend goals”. f**k off, I think you’re an utter roaster, why would I want my relationships or friendships to be to be like yours.

People who say “was like” instead of “said”.
“I was like...and he was like...and then I was like...”. Really infuriates me.

Do people still say “was like” when talking about verbal exchanges? Don’t think I have heard this since high school.

I think I may be guilty of this one actually. I was thinking about what I'd say in this sort of situation and I was like, 'not quite sure, probably'.

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

"Cheeky drinks" and "This one" make me ridiculously angry. "Can't wait for Friday and some cheeky drinks with this one!" Ugh.

Also, "What a lad!" may as well be code for "What a c**t".

cheeky is revolting, horrible horrible people say that. 

11 hours ago, The OP said:

I dunno, in working life I’ve found that there are lots of people willing to hate a person because a group hates them without having any regard to their own experience of that person. I tend to go against that and probably annoy such people with the “I’ve always found them to be alright” chat.

i try to be like that - a lot of times in offices you can get a pile on for people, I always try and avoid joining in.  In my current job there's a guy in another office who a few of my colleagues are always slating but I don't join in and if people turn to me in expectation that I'll put the boot in, I say something positive.

The guy is fairly useless but no sense in dripping poison on him.

There’s a guy at my gym , I know vaguely well and anyone we know in common , he always refers to as “legends” , even if he hardly knows them.
The guy in question is a class one arsehole so confirms my theory 

Legend was another term I was certain people had stopped using years ago but there was a time when every time I heard someone use it I died a little inside. I have even heard the phrase “Legendary banter” being used on a number of occasions as well.