Fluid Fans?

That will be a naw then? 
Ok, here is my take on it. No clubs in the Juniors pull crowds like they once did, too much competition and clubs have a problem getting youngsters interested, therefore the much discussed Pollok home crowd thing is interesting, could be good if other clubs could learn from it, but I think it too particular to Pollok for that to be the case. Pollok have a demographic catchment peculiar to them. They are Glasgow's most high profile Junior club, this and because of where the ground is means their crowd is fluid. It is interesting that 1100 turn out, all be it a derby, a big percentage of that gate must have been neutrals or floaters judging by Arthurlie's support recently. It is also interesting that Pollok do get a boost when Rangers are not playing. Not for a minute saying there is a Pollok Rangers link but it is clear that plenty who go to Ibrox will take in a match in Shawlands should they have no home game. Floaters, fluid, call it what you like but Pollok's home crowd is not mainly made up of die hards and I suggest has a element of drop in when convenient about it, not knocking and wish my club could harness extra bodies like this, but I can't see many other clubs in the Juniors benefiting from this in the same way. 
So, we'll just call them floaters will we? [emoji6]

Your power of observation is astounding.

You have managed to work out that a club who averages 600-650 at home games and then has an attendance of 1200, the 1200 is not made up of die hard fans.

Maybe give the McCanns (not Stuart and Gary) a Call, they have a case they still need solving and you seem like you could bring skills that many don’t have.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Just going to post this in here seeing as it's basically the generic crowd drivel thread.

Quite interesting for purposes of comparison to Junior crowds. 

DV29AhhW4AIFQbC.jpg:large

How good would the above be, if that was the actual league set up in Scotland,two divisions playing home and away, much more interesting.We saw for 70 minutes how Ayr,the bottom club in the above article giving Rangers a good game at a packed somerset,much more refreshing than playing the same old teams 4 times a year.And for sake of the pyramid maybe a national league containing best junior,highland and lowland teams can see the prospects of meeting the big guns not so far away,a real incentive.

Most quoted averages are league games only. It's still preferable to clubs who don't declare them at all. The biggest flaw with any club's attendance figures is whether or not they include STHs - such as Celtic (who definitely do) and a few other top level clubs. 

Yeh Septic certainly do include the season tickets as i’m pretty sure most of their actual crowds this year have been in the 30k mark.

4 hours ago, superpollok said:

Your power of observation is astounding.

You have managed to work out that a club who averages 600-650 at home games and then has an attendance of 1200, the 1200 is not made up of die hard fans.

Maybe give the McCanns (not Stuart and Gary) a Call, they have a case they still need solving and you seem like you could bring skills that many don’t have.

Why thanks for the compliment, however you haven't quite got my point. But hey people read what they want to see. 

Archived